cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWI1 - restrict results based on Org structure auth

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a requirement to restrict SWI1(Workflow Report) output based on who executed the report. For example, A new hire workflow is implemented for the entire organization, and the access to SWI1 is given to different departments admins. If the admin from Dept. A accesses SWI1, he/she should only be able to see new hire process workflow instances initiated by users who belong to Dept. A.

Is there anyway to restrict this? I know this is more of a Security question, posting it here as well Just In Case...

Appreciate your help,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recently answered about structural authorizations. (Basically, what you want is to apply the structural authorizations concept from HR in transaction SWI1). It seems you are the one who asked that question too. I have no idea why you ask such similar questions, but please just close this thread as any answer you receive will be relevant for both questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some more clarification.

I can't expect you me to send the steps to achieve this, but It will be nice if you could be little more elaborate.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use task that will be specific to a particular person in Organization. In the task you have to hardcode the Organization unit and in this way the filetering will work.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>