cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWE_EVENT_CREATE and RFC issue

0 Kudos

Dear community,

I created a program in which I'm calling the FM SWE_EVENT_CREATE to trigger a workflow. But when executing the program, I have a RFC connection issue (in SWUD) : You are not authorized to logon to the target syst em (error code 1002).

For RFC connection, the user SAP_WFRT is used (SM59 configuration).

The workflow is triggered successfully (work item received in SBWP) when I tested the same event using SWUE. The workflow is triggered successfully as well when I tested it using SWDD. I would to know which user the system is checking there during RFC connection ? what is the logic behind ? and how this can be resolved?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

keohanster
Active Contributor

Hi,

I think first off, you should check in transaction SWU3 and ensure that 'Configure RFC Destination' has a green check mark next to it. It's possible you need help from your Basis friends. The RFC destination should be assigned to user WF-BATCH - which is a system user.

Secondly, you should consider using SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT as it is newer.

Hope this helps,

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Susan for your response. I already checked SWU3 and all was OK. And the same issue happened with SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT. But, I agree and will use it as it is newer. The issue was solved by adding the missing roles/authorizations to the user SAP_WFRT.

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm glad that worked for you. I have to wonder why you are not using the standard workflow background user WF-BATCH?

Sue

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Starting with S/4 Hana OnPremise 1709 the workflow system user and workflow system jobs changed. The workflow system user is called SAP_WFRT now instead of WF-BATCH.

OSS note - 2568271

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! It's good to learn something new everyday 🙂