cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing material determination in BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Does anyone here in the forum know how to suppress the material determination when using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1?

Basically, I have material B as a replacement part for A. When I call the BAPI inside my program, I have A as an input but upon checking the created sales order, I saw material B instead.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I don't know the details of article replacements, but in general: that's the way it should work.

If there is no stock or some other article blocks (no sales period, X-chain status...), then the replacement article should come into the documents.

Also a creation by BAPI is no exception from business point of view - it has to follow the same rules as an online creation. OK - your customer requirement is currently different.

But if the creation should be with article A, then the replacement customizing (also for online creation) has to be adjusted.

By the way, isn't BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 up to date?

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I found out that there's no flag in the BAPI to suppress the material substitution. You are correct in the sense that it has to follow the rules of online creation. So the solution was to create a new order type and configure it in such a way that it would not pick up the replacement material automatically. And this order type was the one I used in my BAPI.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

LeGo