cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed fields still appearing on report!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm trying to take some fields off a report, and what I've tried is SUPPRESSing them. Some of them disappear, but others still show up. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've made sure that I am supressing all summary totals as well as details.

Thanks for your help and insight!

William

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check to make sure that you do not have the same field on the report twice exactly on top of each other.

The duplication of a field can be easily done without you knowing by having the ctrl key press and then having a slight movement of the field on the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked this by moving each field out of the way to see if there was another (non-suppressed) field underneath it. Then I pressed CTRL-Z to put the field back. I looked at lots of them. None have another field underneath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your suppress formula?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No formula. I just select the field and suppress it!

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

William,

What happens if you insert a section below the one containing the offending field and place only the offending field in that new section? does it still appear?

If you remove the field from the report does it still have the green check mark beside it in the Field Explorer?

If you readd it and suppress it does it still appear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

select the formula and type "True". This should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone, for your help. My time ran out, and I just deleted the fields from the report, and of course, that got rid of them. I never found out why some fields can be suppressed and others cannot.

Thanks anyway.

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may have had the same field on top of each other.

if you hit the control key and move the field by mistake it will make a copy of the field on top of the other field. it has happened to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but as I said above, I checked for that and there were no duplicated or overlaid fields.

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you suppress the fields in the report by suppressing the section? or suppressing each object?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppressed each object, by right clicking, choosing format field, going to the common tab, and checking suppress. There's also an icon on the toolbar for suppress, and that seems to be indicating that it is suppressed. I did not suppress the section, as there are other fields in the section that I want to keep on the report.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of crystal reports that you are using?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal 2008... the report was originally created in Crystal 9, I think.