Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package Apply

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

To get the TDS certificate in a new format (funvtionality) we have to apply new support package.

My system is ECC-6.0 & SPAM/SAINT version is 7.00/0023.

So i applied SPAM/SAINT 7.00/0034. & it was succesed & after that when appply Basis SAPKB70012

it was succesfully by when i again execute T-code SPAM it is showing Error in ABAP_GENRATION

Can anybody suggest me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please goto import logs and paste the errors.

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was deleted all the log & temp file from trans directory as per uday advice.

regards

Manoj

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have messed the system, by deleting all the log files, without logfiles you dont even know the reason of error, check wheather .ATT & .PAT files are there or not in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory. Then retry your update and let me know the results of the error message.

Regards,

Subhash

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the final solution & also applied the support packge.

Earlier i was not set it in the background mode.

Ok thanks for ue support.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto import logs and paste the errors. It will help to identify the actual cause.

Thanks Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Please check ABAP report RSSPAM10. It gives SPAM/SAINT: List Import phases by scenario. You have got error at 27th Phase 'ABAP_GENRATION. Can you paste the log here. Also try by running it in dialog mode, it should go to next phase RUN_SAPU? phase, here you can skip this step for time being & apply all SP one by 1.

Also please check latest version of SAP Note "Known Problem in Supports packs for your release" It may possible that this error is recorded in this SAP note.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for respons. i went to SE38-->RSSPAM10 i got this report

SPAM SAINT

Name Update Test Standard Downt.min. Test Standard Downt.min.

1 PROLOGUE X X X X X X X

2 CHECK_REQUIREMENTS X X X X X X X

3 DISASSEMBLE X X X X X X X

4 CREATE_COMPONENTS X X X

5 ADD_TO_BUFFER X X X X X X X

6 MODIFY_BUFFER X X X X X X X

7 ADD_SYNCMARKS X X

8 IMPORT_OBJECT_LIST X X X X X X X

9 OBJECTS_LOCKED_? X X X X X X X

10 TEST_IMPORT X X X X X X X

11 ADDON_CONFLICTS_? X X X X X X

12 OPTIMIZE_OBJLISTS

13 SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP X X X X X

14 CREATE_VERS_BEFORE X X X X

15 SPDD_SPAU_CHECK X X X X X X

16 DDIC_IMPORT X X X X

17 AUTO_MOD_SPDD X X X X

18 RUN_SPDD_? X X X X

19 LOCK_EU X X

20 INACTIVE_IMPORT X X

21 DDIC_ACTIVATION X X X X

22 IMPORT_PROPER X X X X X

23 PREPARE_XPRA X X X X

24 UNLOCK_EU X X

25 AUTO_MOD_SPAU X X X X

26 XPRA_EXECUTION X X X X

27 ABAP_GENERATION X X X X

28 RUN_SPAU_? X X X X X X

29 CLEAR_OLD_REPORTS X X

30 EPILOGUE X X X X X X X

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the import logs in SPAM, it will give you the picture what is the error in ABAP_GENERATION

You can retry after correcting the error, but of all you should check what exactly the error.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please go through the below URL link which contains the varios reasons for "ABAP_GENRATION"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7e/c6c2ad98a711d2b429006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

Error Types(Errors During Support Package Manager Phases)

Support Package Manager displays the following types of error messages:

1. Support Package Manger Security Checks

A typical example is the OBJECTS_LOCKED_? phase. Support Package Manager stops the import process if objects that need to be overwritten by the queue are still locked in requests.

2. Error messages from programs tp and R3trans

You can always find the cause of the error in the relevant transport log. A typical example is the TEST_IMPORT phase. This step checks whether there are unconfirmed repairs to objects that need to be overwritten by the queue. The objects in question are listed in the test import log.

3. Incorrect configuration of the Change and Transport System

Errors here often include not having the relevant authorizations for accessing files in the Change and Transport System, or using old versions of the tp or R3transprograms. Check the correct function of the transport tools by choosing Utilities ® Check transport tool.

A typical example is the DISASSEMBLE phase. If adm does not have write authorization for directory /usr/sap/trans/data (UNIX), Support Package Manager stops at the DISASSEMBLE phase with CANNOT_DISASSEMBLE_R_DATA_FILE.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try Deleting all the log files in usr/sap/trans/tmp and log and try giving a bounce to system and try applying the patches again,btw try applying support pack stack rather than single support pack.

Let me know if needed more information

Regards

Uday