cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summarising History Tables within a single row

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Hello, </p><p>I&#39;m a little new with Crystal and I know how to do the sort of things I want in SQL but cant find how to do it here. I have been trying to create a report for our helpdesk system to show how long calls were in each status.</p><p>To give a cut down example of our system...</p><pre>Call Number | Description</pre><br /><pre>===================</pre><br /><pre>1 | My Problem</pre><br /><br /><pre>Activity Code | Call Number | Date Time</pre><br /><pre>==========================</pre><br /><pre>Helpdesk | 1 | 29/03/07 09:00</pre><br /><pre>Second Line | 1 | 29/03/07 10:00</pre><br /><pre>Helpdesk | 1 | 29/03/07 10:15</pre><br /><pre>Closed | 1 | 29/03/07 10:30</pre><br /><p>I would like to be able to get the information on how long each department had the call for and also if they had the call at all (distinctly). In SQL one could use a sub-query with an in clause, to create a 1 or 0 if the call had progressed to a second level of support. </p><p>Any help with this would be much appreciated --Alex</p>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

todd_hanna
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<p>So are you trying to get additional information to that table structure shown above?</p><p>Or are you just trying to arrange the report so that you would see the information you lay out above on one line...</p><p>eg:</p><p>Call #1: Helpdesk - 1hr 15minutes / Second Line - 15 minutes.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>If you&#39;re looking for the former, then we may have to look at some form of a subreport (or you could base this report on a SQL Command to shape the data before reading it into CRW).</p><p>If it&#39;s the latter, we&#39;ll probably have to look at some form of Grouping on Call number first and then better understand the layout/table structer needed as a second action...<br /></p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to find out how many calls go through helpdesk, how many through second line, how many by the other groups ... etc. The activity log is cyclic so I want to count it once per call number. And at the end of the month say 30% of calls are escalated to our second line team.

Plus (perhaps as a second report) I need to see the information in a similar way to the way you have presented it there so the times can be added up. Again so at the end of the month I can report that the helpdesk spend an average of 1 hour processing calls.

Thanks for your help it's greatly appreaciated.

Answers (0)