cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport totals are not displayed correctly in Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal Reports 2008. I have a subreport that sorts hiearchically. It is placed in the Report Header of the main report. Within the subreport, it has calculated totals for each hiearchy grouping. When ran, those totals are incorrectly displayed in the Preview; however, when I click on the subreport, those totals are displayed correctly in the preview of the subreport. Also, if I go to the subreport design, pretending I'm editing the subreport, then go back to the main report preview, those totals are correct.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Please provide help/advise. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shwu, The subreport does not process any value based on the main report. I also observed that if the group extends to next page, the totals are incorrectly displayed. I have both 'Keep Group Together' and section 'Keep Together' selected, but still the data extends to next page. The subreport is sorted with 'Hierarchical Grouping'. For example, below 2 lines are printed at bottom of a page:

North America

Sales department

then Crystal prints the rest of departments belong to North America onto next page as:

Marketing

Consumer

Government

etc.

I was hoping if I could get Crystal to not print the group if there's not enough space on the page, but rather print on next new page, the incorrect totals would go away. Any idea how I would do page break for hierarchical groupings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the Group Options, select "keep group together". This will force a new page if the group is too big to print on the current page.

Note: sometimes this conflicts with the section "keep together"

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your subreport is processing based on value from main report, then your subreport needs to be placed after the section where the main report value is available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious, if you move the Subreport to the footer, do the totals show up correctly without having

to click on the subreport and run it.