cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-Reports not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos
143

Hello,

I am using crystal reports xi-r2 I am having trouble getting an on-demand sub-report to work. After much trouble I am able to get the sub-report to work in the designer but as soon as I publish the report and access it from the CRS. It stops working. I can not get the sub-report to come up. Or it opens another window like it is going to show the sub-report but I get the original report again.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to upgrade to and try again

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Can you provide a more detailed description of how the report is created?

- Do you have groups in the report?

- Which section is the subreport sitting in?

- Is the subreport linked to the main report?

- When you refer to On-Demand subreport, do you mean you've enabled the check box for 'on-demand subreport' or did you enter an HTTP url. Please elaborate how you created the subreport.

- As a test, if you do not create an on-demand subreport and allow the subreport to display, does it show the correct data?

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

If your both reports are in repository then, there can be a posiibility of problem with hyperlink. Chop up your hyperlink & try it indepedently from browser.

If you are passing parameters then check the parameterized - object name.

Regards,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

As in your case the subreport is on-demand sub-report. Ensure that a properlinking is placed and is working.

Again while exporting to repository ensure that both the main report and the subreport also has been exported.

The problem further discusses that opening same report again that means the link is only upto the main report and subreport is not there in the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I removed the reports from the repository and re-published them and I still get the same thing. Basically when I open the main report, then click on a specific sales order number the sales order report should open with that specific order. But All I get is a second tab labeled drill down, which is a duplicate of the origianl report, not the sales order report. But this all works fine in the designer.