cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Report in page header. Stored procedure call issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a report with a sub report in the page header section. The sub report shows same information(project info) in each page. But it will call the procedure(spProjectInfo) for each page. ie if the report has 10 pages then will call the procedure 10 times( 10 call to 'spProjectInfo') which is not required since all page header shows the same information. How we can avoid his. Main report procedure is different.

We created the sub report because we need to show the same information in many reports.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The subreport is being called for each page, so it's invoking the procedure each time. To avoid having the procedure called for each page, you might try splitting this into 2 separate subreports - one that calls the procedure, and is only invoked in the report header, but passes the info you want to the main report; another subreport that provides all the info you want repeated in the header.

I'm not sure why you'd want to have this repeating info in a subreport that's called for every page, though. It sounds like all the info repeats, so you should be able to make a call in the report header, use a shared var to pass all the info to the main report, and then just repeat the shared var values in the page headers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks........

that resolved my issue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic verification

1)Verify the link of sub report

2)Verify the parameters

As the procedure executes on each page it will executes so

The data will be executed each time on every page (If the object on Page header).

You can place the sub report on RH it will be displayed once for whole report.

Regards,

Neo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you require to show the data of subreport only once you can place it on report header or report footer. This would stop calling stored procedure repeatetively.

Regards

Sourashree