cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Group not displaying in Tree Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a Crystal reports that has many groups, subgroups etc.

The tree structure on the left pane shows as following:

Group product

Academy of medical

Academy of med 4321

Sup/Life

Group product Complete

Academy of medical 1

-------(nothing displayed here) expecting to see something like Academy of med 1 4321

----(nothing displayed)

I have sub group headers set up in the crystal. Basically 2nd main group is the copy of the first main group. How do I get to disply the sub groups in the 2nd main group?

Thanks in advance,

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you click on the empty subgroups in the group tree, where does it take you?  Is it possible that the values are actually null or blank in this second group?  Have you tried running the query in a tool such as SSMS or Toad to see what the actual data is that's returned?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisha,

Could you please share a bit more details? Some screen shots will be a great help with details about current O/P and Design and expected O/P and Design

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Thank you for your response. See the screenshot attached.

The first group and second group is exactly the same with just one work difference and the data is also the same with just extra columns added. The issue is in the second group the subgroups are not being displayed as the first one but data is accurate.

What could be wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Is it possible for you to exclude the Hierarchy Values that has Null values and see if you get the correct data?

Also could you check if there are any conditions in your report that is restricting the data to come on report as a result the tree structure is not showing those values.

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I see the data for the subgroups. I just don't see he names displayed in the tree structure.