cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure or Internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a function module to extract transaction data from R/3. Here, my question is: How do I transfer data from Interface table(E_T_DATA) to BW. Do I need to create(Define) an <b>internal table</b> in function module? or do I need to create a <b>Structure</b> in Data dictionary(SE11) and then define E_T_DATA LIKE (structure name or Internal table name)in the table parameters tab. I appreciate your help with points.

Thanks,

Rao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the user exit, you modify the E_T_DATA internal table with the enhancements you have.

I don't know if this is what your question is...

Regards,

GPK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You second option is correct.

i.e

you need to create a Structure in Data dictionary(SE11) and then define E_T_DATA LIKE (structure name or Internal table name)in the table parameters tab.

Are you using the function module RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE as the

template to the FM to be used in Generic extraction?

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rao ,

It has to be a structure which maps to your extract structure and you can use get_data_simple....

What you can do is to copy an existing Business content FM Extractor and then change it to your needs..

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. Thanks for the valuable insights and it really helped me. I have assigned points accordingly.

Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

In the "tables" tab of the Extractor function module corresponds to the extract structure existing in the data source. The extractor structure might be created by you also in the same format as that of the staging table.

Hope I have made things clear.

Bye

Dinesh