Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing Images and Documents in Portal

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using CE 7.1 Portal . My requirement is that I need to store and retreive documents and Images in portal. There are no of images I need to store and access them in various applications such as Web Dynpro and JSP Dynpage etc. My portal landscape doen't have a KM to store the documents.

The other option is, I can store the documents in the applications itself and access them but the problem is the no of documents are more and I need to overwrite/Change/Place the documents. So every time i need to modify the application and deploy it again.

My question is: Is it possible to store the documents in WAS itself by creating a folder and access it?

Any Pointers?

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

My question is: Is it possible to store the documents in WAS itself by creating a folder and access it?

Yes, go the below path in server (WAS, if its Windows):

drive:
usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\<create_your_folder>

Here you have an option to read/write the documents (any type) under your_own_folder. You've TWO advantages placing the files here:

1. you can access using the shared path when coding in java or use the drive path directly

2. you can access this location using portal url: http://<hostname>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/<your_own_folder>/*.FILE_EXT

this is useful when using images specially!!

And imp'ly is to check with your Basis admin, about this file_system and the projected size of the folder(s) and get approval. B'coz it helps them in size plannings.

Thanks,

MS

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Munna,

I dont find a folder named "web" under the path

usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\ ?

'

Any idea?

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you tell me which version of Portal is in use?

Thanks,

MS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course you can, but it's not recommended, To store (upload, etc) documents, you should use the EP (NW 7.0) and not 7.1 (CE).

CE is an application server for running Java apps.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can do this by using the concept called shared folder option

but we need to modify the code to look up the files (Property files key and value)

Thanks,

Sreeni.

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! I will analyze the provided options.

Sreeni,

I too think about the shared folder option. Do I need to create a http provider service to achieve this ? How do we acheive this option?

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other option is, I can store the documents in the applications itself and access them but the problem is the no of documents are more and I need to overwrite/Change/Place the documents. So every time i need to modify the application and deploy it again

I think you have only this option to go.

It is possible by mapping WAS folder path to KM respotory manager but it is not applicable in your case as km not available.

I am not sure if there are any api s available directly to access files from WAS folders. wait for other inputs also.

Regards,

Koti Reddy