cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping call to change password screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

When a password reset is done for a user id and next time when he logss into porta it shows change password screen. I don't want to show this change password screen. Is there any way that i can skip this process. Or is there any way to reset the attributes which is set after a password reset is done.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Holger,

I will explain the design and infrastructure.

We are using LDAP server to store Userid and we set the attributes like whether the password can be re-used, when the password will be expire, how many days a password is valid in LDAP server.

EP 6.0 is using this LDAP server. When a User id is created in LDAP server or when a password for a user id is reset in LDAP server(this is done a JAVA program) a indicator value is set in LDAP attribute for that user id..

When a user logs into portal, I will read this attribute and check whether a value is set. If so I will call by own Change password program. My problem here is, SAP change password is called before my call and I don't want SAP's change password to be called at all.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi H.K.Hayath Basha,

apparently the portal does recognize that you did change/reset the password in the LDAP and now prompts you to change it again.

If you do not want to use SAPs Change Password mechanism I think the only way to go is using either technical users (or since you are on EP6 the UME option: ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_required).

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Holger,

ChangePassword is a JSP files. I removed all the codes in the JSP and had only this code"windows.parent.location.replace("/irj/portal");". So that when change password is called it redirects to portal homepage its not working.

The problem with UME option is that, if I set the UME option the user can't change his password.

My requirement is Standard change password should not be called, instead I will be calling my own change password program based on my own condition.

Yes I want, to allow the user to change the password whenever he wants to do. I have implemented this as a Iview and added to the user role. But portals standard change password is also called when a new user id is created or a password is rest for a user id. This part I don't want to be triggered and I don't know how to do this.

If this is not clear, please let me know. I will explain again.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi H.K.Hayath Basha,

so you just want to disable the standard check if users have to change the password. In previous releases it was possible to set the UME parameter ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_required to FALSE, but this option is deprecated (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/59a4c07d2b09cce10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm)

The concept was replaced by technical users (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/f5e4b56b494c5de10000000a155369/frameset.htm) which do not have to change passwords. So from my point of view it looks like you want to use technical users -- but is this realy what you want? Users could still be using their initial passwords after years.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Holger,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your option also. I removed all the content from changepassword.jsp and put the below code in the the jsp file,

windows.parent.location.replace("/irj/portal");

It just shows a white page, without redirecting to home page. What command I have to use so that it shows the homepage instead of blank white page.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to do. If you just want to skip the Change Password Screen then I think the UME options to disable a Change Password request is the way to go.

I am not 100% sure but I think if the user is forced to change the password (because of this UME setting) then there is no way to just forward from this JSP to the portal. The user will always be "asked" to change the password.

Do you only want to allow the user to change the password whenever he wants to? Then you might have to implement an iView that allows just that (if you do not want to use the standard user profile option)

Hope this help,

Holger.

If not, then please specify the scenario you want to accomplish once again. When do you want to prompt your users for a password change and when not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Srinivas,

Let me explain my requirement.

We don't want to call Enterprise portal's standard change password screen. Since the edit checks provided in standard change password screen does not meet our business requirement. Further we have our own conditions, which says when to call change password.

So I dont want standard change password screen to be called. Instead I will call my own change password screen. Which means users should still be able to change there password.

Is there anyother way by which I can stop standard change password call.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Bashaa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this helps (because it does not stop the standard change password call). But you could adjust the changePasswordPage.jsp files (which is part of the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par file) and adjust it to your needs.

In there you could do anything you want.

Hope this helps,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Srinivasan,

Thank for the input.

The suggestion you told is at user level. Our system is used for 60k user. Hence changing this property at user level is tedious. Is there any other way to solve this problem.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use of the setting 'Allow Users to Change Their Own Passwords' given in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/3d77734ae830f3e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Harish,

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking for property password never expires in UM Configuration using the below path,

System Administration =>System Configuration=>UM Configuration => Direct Editing

I couldn't find any property which matches this description.

I found this property only, ume.logon.security_policy.password_expire_days=99999. Is this the one which you are tellig or something else is there. If so can you tell the property name.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve your requirement as under:

Go to Visual Administrator->Services->Security Provider.

On the right side pane, 'Runtime' tab -> select 'User Management'. Search and choose the user.

Using the 'Edit' mode, Under 'Authentication' check the option 'No password change required'.

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

set the password never expires prop as true in um configuration.

tat wud do it..