cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Stop genrating export datsource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ODS which was used to generate an export datasource. That ODS is inactive now. When i try to activate it one of the error says 'error when creating the export datasource'

How can i stop the export datasource from being created when i activate the cube? what settings shd i change? this is rgent please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Along with the 2 errors there was a warning on one of the infoobject. i deleted that IO and activated the ODS and it got activated. Then i put the IO back into the ODS and reactivated and it was fine again. I checked for inconsistency in the IO but i did not find anything wrong.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Is your ODS Active? Is it BW 3.X or BI 7.0?

Goodluck,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ODS is inactive, its in 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try replicating the "MyBW" source system first and then reactivating your ODS.

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I dont think, you can stop generating export datasource. i think you done some chages to ODS... adjst ODS properly and activate.

what is the error you are getting...?

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error i get is,

'datasource inconsistent with source ssytem'

'error generating export datasource'

I did some changes in ODS where i removed 3 time chars, but i adjusted the comm structure and the transfer rules mapping also when i made those changes.

let me know the soln.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

For export datasource you no need to adjust transfer rules and communication structure. While activation ODS everthing will be regenerated.

Try to inactivate update rules from this ods to further updae and activate ODS again.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replicated the source system and the datsources, did not help. checked the source system connection also its fine.

I would love to inactivate the update rules, that will solve the problem for sure i know that. But my ODS IS INACTIVE i cannot do anything to my update rules.

Is there any other way i can modify or even delete those update rules.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

Repair ODS through TCODE : RSRV,

TEST : "Check How Up-To-Date the Generated Programs of an ODS Object Are" . First check and then use button "Correct Error" to adjust. and try to activate.

last option : Try to add removed objects and activate, then remove one by one and reactivate.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

That dint help either.

Is it good practice to make a copy of that ODS and delete the original ODS and rename the new ODS as the old ODS.

If so how can i proceed.

Thanks