cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Configuration - Change Virtual System with Real System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My system, if I go in the transaction STMS in DEV system, was configureted in the following way:

DEV => QA => PROD (Virtual System)

Now, I want to change the PROD Virtual System in PROD Real System.

How Can procede?

Can you explain step-by-step the process?

Because the system was configureted from other people, and I'm new to using the STMS.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best Regards,

Giulio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

thanks for your help.

The modification that you explain to me, should be executed in client 000?

Before starting with the modification, should be created the RFC connection to the production system?

Thanks for your support.

Ragards,

Giulio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can configure STMS in client 000 only.

no need to generate RFC for PRD system. RFC are created automatically while you add PRD system in Transport Domain and approve it.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Little to it.. If the system is not virtual, then how to change the parameter.

for eg. suppose in 2 system landscape, DEV- HD1

I want to delete HD1as the server is old and a system refresh was done on another system with sid PRD. Domain Controller being DEV, what things is necessary to carry on the same thing like before DEV-HD1?

2. Also HD1 will be used as training after a week, but requirement is that whatever transport are going to PRD should also flow to HD1( creating 2 different client, but only 1 client will recieve the import)? So should initially need to create Virtual system for it to add in future? if yes then what setting?

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I understand following.

1) you have two system landscape.

Current setup : DEV --- HD1

Target Setup : DEV --- PRD

if you are deleting HD1 then target system for all request is lost and when you add PRD system in Domain controller you have to add all TR in buffer of PRD ( i.e import queue)

2) I did not understand can you clarify more. but if you want to set client specific transport then you need to set up Extended Transport Control

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

The first statement is right, the new target would be DEV-PRD. What changes need to be made? ( should the HD1 be deleted from DEV which is the domain controller and login in PRD client 000, add a request ???)

2. After the above ( step 1 ) is completed, the server HD1 can be used for training..... So the requirement is that from DEV-PRD they want DEV--> PRD

|--> HD1 also..

So after a week or two what changes need to be made to include HD1 in the route????

Should the step 1 be made with the virtual server(HD1) and then join it physically after a week????

Please suggest

Regards

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Is your final setup look like following?

DEV -> PRD

DEV -> HD1

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

You are right. Initially I will be doing DEV -> PRD configuration. Deleting HD1 from the domain Cntrl and including PRD in the route instead of HD1. Please suggest the procedure ?

Also after the step above I want to include DEV -> HD1 in the same route..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the planned system is physically installed it is time to replace the Virtual System with the realized system.

The procedure for the same is as under:

1) Delete the Virtual System from the transport domain

. Login into Transport Domain system client 000

· Using STMS got to Overview=> Systems

· Chose SAP Virtual System=> Delete (confirm)

· Distribute configuration change.

As soon as the configuration change is distributed, the virtual system is deleted. The import queue for this system in TMS disappears but it is available as import buffer at the operating systems level.

Now add the new (physical system) to the transport domain:

If STMS is configured as standalone system then first delete STMS configuration on PRD system

login into PRD system client 000. (delete STMS configuration if present.)

run stms -> it's ask for set up STMS -> click on other configurition (F6)

Target Host -> host name of domain controller ( host name of transport domain system)

System number -> Instance number of domain controller ( instance number of transport domain system)

Now,

Go to the Transport Domain Controller and accept the system. (As the import buffer is available at the operating system level, no change requests will be lost)

Distribute the configuration changes.

regards,

kaushal