cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to connect a CRM system with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I've got a problem here : I should build a connection between a CRM system and MDM (get the data in several tables in the CRM system, normalize them in MDM and then put them back in the CRM).

What would the steps I've got to do to achieve that ? Do I need XI between the two systems ? Do I have to map the tables before sending them in MDM (and how could I do that ?)

Thank you for all the help you can give me

Seb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb,

With the assumption that you are using available customer master repository in MDM, you need to create ports to receive and send data and save data map in MDM console. You should have XI between MDM and CRM. You need to do lot of configurations in XI. There are very good blogs in SDN explaining each step. Please go through them.

Thanks,

Satyanarayana.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Universal Worklist (UWL) iView is part of the KMC (Knowledge Management and Collaboration), capability of SAP NetWeaver. The integration of the SAP NetWeaver MDM workflow with UWL will be provided with SP04. This will provide the ability to expose SAP NetWeaver MDM workflow steps in the SAP Universal Work List (UWL). These jobs may run from the BPM process or can be launched inform within SAP NetWeaver MDM. UWL is defined as the main consolidated ”Inbox“ for SAP users, being the main location to monitor jobs directly activated in SAP NetWeaver MDM, or connected to a process that integrates with SAP NetWeaver MDM.

Using the SAP NetWeaver Portal UI, show a summarized list of all workflow (WF) jobs/tasks from all systems of SAP NetWeaver MDM Landscape per user - one single UI for all my tasks. The UWL is already integrated with other major SAP products, like R/3, SAP CRM, mySAP ERP, etc.

https://sapportal.wdf.sap.corp/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/infocenters/ws%20pt...

First of all, you must set a RFC connectivity between CRM and backend system:

o Create system users for remote connection (RFC_CONN). This user must have SAP_ALL authorization.

o Create RFC connections in CRM system.

Go to transaction SM59 on CRM side and click on 'create' button. Set RFC destination name to the back-end system <sid>CLNT<client> (eg. R3DCLNT200), connection type to 3 (abap / R/3 connection) and fill the target host to your back-end system. On the Logon/Security tab, add the RFC_CONN user created in the previous step. Save your settings.

o Create RFC connections in the back-end system.

Go to transaction SM59 on the back end and click on 'create' button. Set the RFC destination name to CRM system <sid>CLNT<client> (eg. CR1CLNT300), connection type to 3 (abap / R/3 connection) and fill in the target host to your back-end system. On the Logon/Security tab, add the RFC_CONN user created in the previous step. Save your settings.

o Create a logical system name in CRM.

Go to transaction SPRO -> SAP Implementation Guide -> Customer Relationship Management -> CRMServer -> Technical Basic Settings -> ALE Settings -> Distribution -> Basic Settings -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System Add a new value:

Save your settngs.

o Create a logical system name in the back end.

Go to transaction SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> SAP Web Application Server -> Application Ling Enabling -> Sending and Receiving Systems -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System Add a new value:

Save your settngs.

3. Middleware parameters setup Go to transaction SM30 on backend system and choose table CRMCONSUM. Add the following values:

4. Next, choose CRMSUBTAB for subscription table for the Up and Download Object and add the following values

User ObjectName U/D Obj. Class Function Obj. Type Funct. Name

CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_MATERIAL_EXTRACT

CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_CUSTOMIZING_EXTRACT

CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_SERVICE_EXTRACT

Next, choose CRMRFCPAR for definitions of RFC Connections and add the following values

User ObjectName Destination Load Type INFO InQueue Flag Send XML

CRM * SR1CLNT300 Initial Download SR1CLNT300 X Send XML

CRM * SR1CLNT300 Request SR1CLNT300 X Send XML

CRM MATERIAL SR1CLNT300 Initial Download SR1CLNT300 X Send XML

Leave all other field empty.

Now, configure filtering for the material master:

Choose the CRMPAROLTP table for CRM OLTP Parameters and add the following values:

Parameter name Param. Name 2 Param. Name 3 User Param. Value Param. Value 2

CRM_FILTERING_ACTIVE MATERIAL empty CRM X empty

Now we must edit the table for the application indicator. Go to transaction SE16N on the back-end side and choose table TBE11. Search or add an application component BC-MID and edit activity settings (field AKTIV = X).

Save your settings.

8. Enterprise buyer with/without CRM In this activity, you define whether you are running the Enterprise Buyer and CRM in the same system. This might accelerate the Master Data download performance. If you are using CRM in the client, then skip this activity.

In the CRM system run transaction BBP_PRODUCT_SETTINGS, deselect 'Test mode' and choose the Execute button.

The system generates a report containing all tables that have been deactivated.

9. Generate repository objects With this procedure, you generate the middleware function modules (BDoc Object Type) for the material master.

Go to transaction SMOGGEN and choose object PRODUCT_MAT and PRODUCT_SRV. Generate services for all object categories.

Please let me know your email id, i shall send you this document

Regarsd

Rehman

Reward Points if Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

I have the same problem, and I'm going to research the possibility of installing software component MDM_TECH 554_700 in CRM. This will provide an ABAP MDM API for data retrieval and management.

Leo