cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps that I should consider while developing new workflow(s) in SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing SAP CRM solution. SAP has provided limited number of standard workflows in certain business scenarios such as SAP CRM Grantor. So, we need to develop custom workflows (approvals and others) from scratch for Grantor Agreement business object including many other Business Objects. Basically I need to develop 2 level approval workflow process when an Agreement is created. So far, I have identified the Business object related to the Agreement. I would appreciate if you could clarify below questions?

1. Is it better to copy existing SAP Agreement Business Object (BO) to new ZBO or shall I just create new subtype for the existing BO?

2. Based on my requirement, I do realize that I need to create new methods/events/attributes to support my requirement. Based on the answers to question 1, I plan to create methods/events on new BO (which is ZBO) or new subtype of existing BO. Is this right approach?

3. As you know SAP CRM solution is BSP/Webclient UI/ABAP webdynpro based technology, the URLs are invoked to create objects such as Grantor Agreement. So, could you please help me understand or throw light on what are the sequence of steps (for example: creating new method/events, linking those events etc.,) that I should consider while developing workflows in CRM application?

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Manju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Create a subtype

2. Yes, you just add new methods to the delegated subtype

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Rick.

Could you tell me the steps that I should consider (such as creating subtypes, creating methods/events etc.,) while developing custom workflows in CRM applications? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps:

1. first list the requirements for your workflow

2. see which parts (attributes/methods/events) of the standard business object fill your requirements

3. see which parts do not

4. think about what you need for the requirements what cannot be fulfilled by the standard (for example, you need to show some variable in the work item text, and this variable is not available in the business object as an attribute or not in workflow container either)

5. implement

Yes, the level of my answer is very general, but so is your question. You will get much more detailed answers, if you can ask detailed question of certain requirements that you don't know how to fulfill.

Also, if it seems that you will need lots of custom code/attributes/methods, etc. you might consider creating a new ABAP class instead of extending the standard business object. Read Jocelyn Dart's blogs about workflow and ABAP OO to get an idea about this possibility.

Regards,

Karri