cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEPS INVOLVE IN BI7 PLZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am working first time in the BI 7 n i dont know to the data flow in it. i am unable to perform a single load by creating my own obj even thru flat file. plzzzzzzzzz any body help me by providing the documents that involve in the BI7 like whether i need to perform Infopackage first r Transformation r DTP i am unable to differentiate which cums first n what happen to the load so plzzzz provide me step by step process in BI7

Thanx in Advance

Priya .k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In BI7, transformations are used to create the dataflow between datasources and data targets. The flow in BI7 can in simple terms be desribed as:

Datasource -> Execute Infopackage -> PSA -> Execute DTP - > Data Target.

During extraction, the infopackage loads data from the source into the PSA specific to the datasource. You can have a look a the data in the PSA by accessing the infosource. Now execute the DTP to push the data from the PSA to the datasource. This is probably the step you are missing, in that the DTP is new to BI7.0. So the steps to create the objects would be:

Create Data Targets

Create Transformations

Create Infopackage and

Create DTP.

Regards

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lambertus Oosthuizen

after getting the data into psa what v hav to do. suppose

der r two cases

1. if i am using the infosource

2. if i am not using the infosource ie from data source only i am doing the transformatiion

plzzzzzzz explain me clearly

if u hav doc plz forward it to my mail id

regards

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. if i am using the infosource

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7e/001342743eda2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

2. if i am not using the infosource ie from data source only i am doing the transformatiion

Refer to Lambertus above reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jr

thanx for the response dis is the first time i am involving in the BI7 plz provide me relevent documents of BI7 to my mail id

Regards

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

my mail id is priya_sapbw@yahoo.com

Plllllllllllz send some document of step involve while loading the data in BI7 and template of process chains

Thanks in Advance

priya.k