cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step "Start" is not connected properly in Visio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have designed a workflow with 4 steps like start. process, approve, stop via DM. I am getting the following error while saving the workflow design

: Step start is not connected properly. I could not save the wrkflow design.

Here am giving the start step properties :

Name : Start

Check Out records : No

Duration Timeout : 1 wk

Cc: Notification : [owner]

Send Next step : [Anyone]

Split Job : [Anyone].

I have checked in the DM by selecting the record in the main table and righ clicking on that workflows->Add to job is also disabled.

I have checked the same by closing visio but still "Add to job" is grayed out.

Can anybody guide in the visio why am unable to save the

workflow design and Add to job is disabled?

Please help me out...

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem 1

Please check if the start step of the workflow is properly connected to the next step.Connect it properly and save.

Problem 2

Add to job is disabled

to resolve this problem go to workflow table in data manager select your workflow name in Records pane then go to Record Detail and check if the Active ="Yes" if not then assign Active="Yes".This will surely solve your problem.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on May 28, 2008 7:42 AM

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on May 28, 2008 7:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

The error which you are getting is because of connector is not used properly between 2 steps to connect.

The step "Start" which you are using in your workflow is not connected properly to the next step. Use the connector to join 2 steps.

Each step symbol, there is cross sign, just attatch cross sign properly with use of connector.when you connect properly then both end of the connector will be red in color.Just try and check this.

I hope it will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for your reply.

I have connected it again through connector for all the 4 steps. I am able to save the design without any error. So after saving the design i have closed the visio. And checked by reopening the same via DM. Iam getting the error "Unable to connect to MDM repository" after reopening the visio via DM Workflows.

Can u please advice me on this ...?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Just close your data manager and open it again with valid user and pwd to connect with your repository and try to open your visio again.It should work.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward with points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am able to open the visio without any errors.

I am working with the last step "Approve".

In the DM workflows tab of the main table "Done" is disabled for the workflow which status is "received".

I have marked the records by selcting "Mark As Done" and to approve these records i could not see the Done as enabled.

How can i make "Done" as enabled?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to Data manager with the user of Workflow Owner and then try to perform this step. I think the user assigned to Approve step is not the one who is logged into data manager. Just check this out

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Just try to login in DM with those users which you have assigned on the approve step.Then there you will find the option as "Done".

"Done" option is always avialable for those users on which step is assigned.

Hope it will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward with points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have logged into the DM with the user whom i have assigned in the approve step only.

I have logged in with the correct user only.

After logging into the DM with this user i have done two steps.

1. Selected the records and marked as done.

2. For these maked records i approved it by right clickin on these records.

After the above stpes when i was trying to approve the workflow in the tasks pane of the workflows tab "Done" is disabled for the selected workflow.

Any idea on this....?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sireesha,

I have tried it my own. In my case, it works.

It should work with your case also. "Done" option should be avialable after "Mark as Done" and "Mark as approved" for the selected records.

Just try with refresh your DM or close it and open it again with the same user.

It should work.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its proper instead of Done Next Step will be enabled. Done is only for process step not for Approve step.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ya. You are correct. For the approve step "Done" is disabled and Next Step is enabled in my case.

In the history of the workflow for the step approve its showing not completed.

How can i complete the approval process?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just mone the Workflow to Next Step after Approve step and then check the History. It should get updated scroll down till the end

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on May 28, 2008 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I mean to say in the history for the selected workflow i can see the status for each every step i processed in the workflow like whats the step name, when its arrived, started and completed. But for the approve step i can see only step name : assignee users, arrived, started but i cannt see the complted property since i could not approve the records.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

In the Next Step only stop optin is there..

I have selected the workflow and upon right clicking it i can see only Next Step-> Stop.

How can i send it to the next step?

Regards

Sireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean to say when you move the Workflow from one step to another then only you will get the Completed time in the History.Now Stop the workflow by selecting Next Step -> Stop and then check the History. You will get all the details for all the steps including Approve step.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After Approve step you have stop step.performing next step will stop the workflow and the task status will be completed.

what is your requiremnet which you want to do via workflow?Give me details.will help

regards-

Ravi