cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Setup (OLI3BW tcode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone please explain me what the below fields mean and what should I select to do a Statistical setup ie to do a full update.

Control of Recompilation run

1. Name of Run(New Run)

2. Termination date, Termination time

3. block all documents

4. Extraction structres BW

Document data restriction

1. Archiving Session

2. Purchase Org

3. Purchase document

4. Document date

I am trying to extract data from datasource 2lis_02_hdr using lo-cockpit and I have followed the below steps

1. LBWE transaction - inactivate update, deleted setup tables in application component 02(MM) and also deleted any delta queue in /nrso2

2. Maintain extract structure and datasource

3. Activated the update(Is this necessary to do before replicating the datasources ?)

4. Replicated the datasource in BW

5. Assigned infosource and created a infopackage to load the data to PSA.

6. Set up statistical update(tcode OLI3BW). I am not sure if I have to do this before step 5. I am struck here and unable to understand the fields to do a statistical update

Please help me.

Thanks,

Sabrina.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not checked already, F1 help of those fields should explain you in detail about their significance. Further, you can also refer to oss note 602260

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velavan

Can you please forward that document(oss note 602260), I have access to Service market place, can I get that document in there?

Thanks,

Sabrina.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sabrina,

1. just give it a name - you will be able to view its log later on (and you'll be looking for it via this name)

2. termination date and time for execution

3. prevent users from making any changes to documents, etc.

4. this is usually checked and greyed out - don't mind this.

1. the name of the archive session to get data from

2. purchasing org. of the documents to collect for setup

3. purchasing documents to collect for setup

4. document dates to collect for setup

and you're doing okay with your steps so far... 😃

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankyou Somnath and Ryan. Is there a tcode/log where I can see the status of the statistical run?

Thanks,

Sabrina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can I check in RSA3, I entered the datasource 2lis_02_hdr and I am able to see 1609 records. Is this the place to check?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sabrina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sabrina,

that tcode tells you that it has loaded data in and will be extracted in BW (though that number may not be 100% accurate) - but at least you know that given your setup parameters you successfully populated the setup tables.

as for your other question, use tcode NPRT to check how many documents it was able to get for the setup.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thankyou very much, I performed a statistical update and got some records in the setup table. Before I did the statistical update, I created an infopackage and Initialized it without data transfer(should I do this after statistical update?). After I did statistical update, I did a full update. Do I have to create another infopackage for Delta update? I created another infopackage but I cannot see the delta update option. Can you please tell me if I am correct or if I am missing something.

For delta I am using 'queued' approach. I guess I have to do V3 update on R/3 side and then run the infopackage with delta update, but I cannot find Delta update option in the second infopackage I created? Please let me know.

Where should I run V3 update? What is the tcode for it.

thanks again

Sabrina.

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With regards to your infopackage, the same infopackage that you ran with the option 'initialise delta without datatransfer' will become a 'delta infopackage' after you have successfully run in the first time.

The radio button in the infopackage will move from the 'initialise delta' option to the 'delta' option.

And if you actually try to change it to 'initialise delta', it will give you a warning/error.

In short, use the same IP for delta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sabrina,

as for your V3 update, well, it isn't exactly going to work that way, BUT, you have to run a job that will collect your delta, hence the term queued delta. you will find that in LBWE, under job control for the relevant application area (in your case, purchasing). just configure the job to run hourly (as recommended by SAP) and execute it. from that point on, the deltas will now be collected for BW.

ryan.

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

1. Name of the run - You can put in any name here. It does not matter. You can call it 'RUN1' or 'TEST1' whatever. It is just for you to differentiate between different runs.

2. Termination Date and Time - When it is filling up the setup tables, it might go on for a long time. So you can put in a time beyond which if the set up runs, the system must teminate it. Normally if you know that if it runs for more than 2 hours there is something wrong, you specify a time 2 hours from the current time as the 'safety upper limit'.

3. Block all documents - If you set this, all the records are blocked in the database from changes during the setup run.

4. Not sure...

You can break up your setup run in parts broken down by date ranges or document numbers etc. For eg. set up for all records with dates from Jan to March, do full upload into BW, delete setup tables, run setup again for March to May etc. For this you have the rest of the selections.