cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting CE1 server without using SAPMMC

alison_lewis
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've just installed the CE1 composition environment sneak preview and rebooted my machine. I am having problems restarting the server. I can find CE1 in the SAP Mangement Server, however when I click on start I am asked for username/password.

SAP's instructions are:

5. if you are prompted to identify yourself, please enter your Windows username and password

I don't have a password set on windows and leaving it to blank doesn''t work. Any ideas how to get the CE1 server started without using SAPMMC?

In the my old NSP installation, I got round the SAPMMC security it by running a startSystem.cmd file. Is there an equivalent for CE1?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
alison_lewis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, however JCMON is giving me a "can't open shared memory administration" errror. On further investigation, it turns out JCMON can only be used after the J2EE start-up. How do I get J2EE started?

Former Member
0 Kudos

try startsap J2EE and stopsap J2EE as use sidadm or administrator

alison_lewis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, startsap.exe was the command I needed. Now J2EE is attempting to start but stopping with error ""*** ERROR => SfCheckJeeVersion: Cannot find JEE application directory C:\usr\sap\CE1\J01\j2ee\cluster\apps. [sfxxmain.cpp 857]".

Strangely, this directory is missing from my installation. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allison,

As you mentioned that the apps directory under "cluster" itself is not available, means there could be a

problem with the installation itself. This is the directory where all the applications are defined. Without

this the system cannot be used.

Regards,

Srikishan

alison_lewis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks. I removed the faulty installation, created a new user account, and tried re-installing. This time I have an /apps directory full of stuff and it seems to work fine.

Answers (0)