cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start routine on infoset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Am i right to say that it is possible to apply start routine or end routine or expert routine on an infoset (master data attr left-outer-joined with a transaction data cube) ?

I mean, as I need to further filter a dataset from an infoset, I need to loop the entire dataset using a routine to filter out some similar records. But what would be the target infoprovider to use in this case for the routine to write to?

regards

Bass

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the APD to filter data from cube and IO and then load back to DSO (direct update) and then create report on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can load the data from this Infoset to an Infocube & apply your logic there. On top of this infocube you can craete the Multiprovider & then the Report.

You can alos check the possibility of excluding the data by putting global filters in query itself .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradnya,

What logic for the filter should i use? is there a standard filter for date to select the highest or lowest value available for each combinations of records where the highest and lowest can be any value per combination, that is, not a fixed value? Thanks.

In addition, the infoset contains tens of millions of records from the transaction and master data. So, a regression testing would be needed taking more time than is available.

I am thinking of running a program to run the query and then filter from there and write to a file.

But not sure the framework or template to use.

Either that or a quick fix would be a macro but not sure the coding.

Best regards

Bass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JB,

May I know, for APD, is target data to be generated at runtime or all data from soure infoset has to be processed and written to the target before the query can be run?

regards

Bass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bass,

An InfoSet is a semantic layer over the data sources and is not itself a data target, so infoset

never hold any data in it ,it is like a view.

Here is the flow,

(DSO,IO) - > Infoset - > Create ADP on infoset (DSO - direct udate DSO) - > IS or MP - Now you can build your query here

you need to execute the APD every time to get your data filtered from Infoset , so that your filtered data will be available now in DSO(Direct update) .

include this DsO(direct update) in Infoset or Multiprovider ,if you need to build a query on top

Answers (0)