cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard tools for Event raising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 3 process chains, PC1, PC2, PC3. I need to raise an event after each event and then using event collector, I have to trigger start of another PC4.I know that I can add a ABAp program at the end of each process chain and use function module "BP_EVENT_RAISE "

My question is :

"ARE THERE ANY STANDARD TOOLS OR SAP DELIVERED TOOLS LIKE DRAG AND DROP SOMETHING WITHIN THE PROCESS CHAIN SCREEN FOR RAISING AN EVENT?"

Thank you very much.

Message was edited by: Visu Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

There is no Drag and Drop tool on the RSPC screen to raise an event. According to SAP:

"In BW 3.0, automatic process control has been enhanced and improved significantly with the concept of process chains. Process control using post-processing events and event collectors is not functionally enhanced but it is still supported. We recommend that you only use process chains for schedules of connected processes that must be re-defined."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/243d3828135856e10000009b38f842/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You can trigger events using the ABAP process variant without writing your own ABAP. In the process variant there is an option for asynchronous scheduling. With that chosen you can specify an event to trigger. However, there are some issues detailed in the help (see text below from the performance assistant). For these reasons I still prefer using a separate program.

-

Asynchronous or distributed processes are processes that do not end their work in the same internal mode in which they started, but instead open additional internal modes (for example, load process) or require user interaction (for example, workflow).

If a process is asynchronous, the process chain administration does not set the end of the process right away with the end of the background process. The status of the process remains active.

Successor events are not automatically triggered in asynchronous processes.

To be able to report the actual end of your process, you need to call the remote-enabled function module RSPC_ABAP_FINISH at the end of the program. The process is then marked as completed and the successor events are triggered.

Report the process variant to the function module, where your program is scheduled. To do this, you either need to hard code the process variant transfer or transfer the process variant to aprogram variant. The following lines are required in your program:

PARAMETERS variant TYPE rspc_variant.

Note:

The process chain management will not know if your program terminates!

Thus if you re-start the chain, this will also terminate, because the old run would not have finished yet. To avoid this, you need to manually set the process in the chain log view in the process monitor to terminate before you start again.

-

Kind Regards

Andreas