cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Copy Function IP (bug)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Experts,

I have a problem when try to use the standard funcion of Integrated Planning for Copy values between two real time InfoSites: this function copy the correct values but remove (delete) the others values that do not have to be copied.

Somebody had this problem?

Can somebody help me, please?

Thanks!

Xavier.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the behaviour of copy function. The existing values in the target will be overwritten.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Thothadri,

Thanks for your answer, but i don't understand how to copy the origin registries and that do not erase the registries of the destiny. My intention is to ADD the registries to the destiny.

How not to erase of the destiny the registries that do not exist in the origin InfoSite?

Thanks once again!

Xavier.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create two variables ; from Cost centre and To cost centre.

When the copy function is executed; you will be prompted to chose values and the users can chose the target cost centres.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have cost center data for cost center 100 for periods from 001 to 012 and the values are 50 dollars each period.

You wish to copy this cost centre 200. IN this there is already data in periods 001 and 002 as 100 dollars.

When you execute the copy from cost centre 100 to 200, it will overwrite the amount of 100 dollard in cost centre 200 for periods 001 and 002 with 50 each.

If you wish not this happen, then you may have to check the values and copy. . You can do this in Fox. Samething with distrubution function also

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

InfoSiteA:

CostCenter: 100.

InfoSiteB:

Costecenter: 100, 200, 300, 400.

When I try to copy data of InfoSite A to InfoSite B, the function copy the CostCenter 100, but delete CostCenters 200,300,400, and I cannot specify in the filter nor in the function the CostCenters 200, 300, 400 so that they are not affected.

On the other hand, I tried to apply this function in Fox:

{0AMOUNT,InfoSiteB} = {0AMOUNT,InfoSiteA}.

But this delete all registers of InfoSiteB.

Thanks!

Xavier.