cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAD results show DB req time greater than the response time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am measuring the performance of RFC calls using STAD. After executing the RFC's (have been exposed as web services) I go to STAD and to my surprise the data base request time is greater than the response time (see below). How is this possible? Isn't the response time = CPU time + db req time + wait time? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Response time 4,177

Time in WPs 4,177

Wait time 0

CPU Time 2,609

DB req. Time 142,597

VMC elapsed time 0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1036194 fixed the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debasis,

All STAD reports look the same. I'm puzzled here.

Thanks,

Wilfredo

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

data base request time is greater than the response time (see below). How is this possible? Isn't the response time = CPU time + db req time + wait time?

I won't say CPU time should be a part of it.. but it should be processing time. (SAP Note 8963) CPU time is something thats measured at OS level.

Dialog response time = Wait time + roll-in time, load and generation time + enqueue time + database request,

+ processing time.

But agree, that Database request time should not be more than response time! do you see for only one request or multiple STAD reports..?

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debasis,

All STAD reports look the same. I'm puzzled here.

Thanks,

Wilfredo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see same issue in ST03N (last minute load)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see anything for those users in STAT03N. I Only see activity for the day I logged in to SAP GUI to reset the passwords.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange!!

Did you change program buffer parameter recently? It is indicating you have small program buffer.

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=103747]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I have 5 concurrent users accessing the same data from the system. The actual time it takes for all of them to read the data is about 10 seconds, but when I go to STAD the db req time for one RFC execution from one of the users is greater than the actual time it takes for all the users to read the data. I would understand a buffer issue if the total execution time was higher, but in this case the db request time es even higher than the response time of the work process. Could it be an issue with STAD?

Thanks,

Wilfredo