cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO required for backend connection using Connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

first of all, sorry for the next "Portal System Configuration" question!

We're trying to connect our ECC 6.0 system to the portal using connector, in order to achieve RFC iViews and Visual Composer connectivity.

So, we configured the System as a SAP System (dedicated application server) and did all the configuration for the connector.

But, connection test fails with message "Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly"

Maybe this makes sense, but we don't want to use SSO at all. Instead we've configured the Logon Method to "UIDPW" and entered a valid user mapping. Thats for sure.

Are there any restrictions for using the connector without SSO or do I have to configure further things like a JCO connection?

Please help, this would be really appreciated and rewarded!

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

For VC modelling, there arent any restrictions. You can use UIDPW. No JCo configs required here.

Hope this helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

thank you for your answer. This is very helpful for me, so I don't have to request a SSO setup for the backend.

But why the portal system's connection test fails with message "Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly", when I choose "UIDPW" for the logon method.

Could you please give further ideas?

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Just check if the username/ password you typed in User mapping is correct. Sometimes a type mistake might cause it.

Also, just check that the user with which you are performing the connection test is the user from which a user mapping is created to backend system. e.g if you are using login abc to test the system. Do a mapping for portal user abc to a user in the backend.

Hope this helped!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

thanks for your quick answer.

The user mapping is correct, definitely. I've checked it again. With that particular system, some business package content is already running. So, mapping must be valid.

I tried also to create an RFC iView, but that fails. This should handle with this connection issue.

Anyway, I'm still wondering about the message "Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly". This sounds weird for me. Why should I have to configure SSO when I don't want to use it and it's not neccesary???

Please help, if you have further hints.

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

Ignore the terms SSO in it if you associate SSO with logon tickets. The error message SSO refers to either mechanism (tickets or mapping).

Again, did you check if you are doing the test with a portal user who already has a mapping set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

thaks again...

yes, I did. The user mapping is valid for my user. That's also the user, with that the test is executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for thinking that things arent quite right, but I need to ask you to check these things.

If you business package whose iViews are referiing to the System objetc in question works pretty fine then may I ask you to check whether they are really using the same system. Because if the test is failing theres no way it can work.

Have you'll done a group mapping or so prior to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

thank you so much caring for me )

1. Business Package: The used BP is for "Internal sales representative". The iViews of that package mostly use an ITS connection or Web Dynpro with JCO managed by their own. In my opinion, only the user mapping and the system alias are used from standard portal, in order to establish the connection. This is just proving the case for the user mapping.

2. I checked everything again, and created a brand new system entry, and switched the BP to that system. Everything's working fine - except the connection tests and VC connection.

Thank you anyway.

Matthias