cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO - General Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, as per my understanding, enabling SSO (Windows AD) for BOBJ (CMC, Infoview) will let the user bypass entering the ID and Password. Is that not the case. I can enter my network id and password and login into CMC & Infoview but i am not able to bypass the login screen. Is that how BOBJ SSO works? I am basing my SSO theory on SAP Netweaver portal where i don't have to login using my ID and password.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was successfully able to configure SSO between IIS & BOBJ. Gave up the Java route. Thanks to you all.

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The admin guide instructions are a bit dated, and do not include distributed environment details. To setup java SSO you will need a domain admin to make account changes in AD, you will have to modify the account running the SIA on BO, and then make several changes in the CMC, web.xml, server.xml, and web/app java options.

Use [this link for an all in one guide |; The SSO doc is at the bottom of the 1st post.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note also that SSO will work only for Infoview but not for CMC.

0 Kudos

After configuring and enabling SSO based on Windows AD you should not be seeing the login screen for the InfoView. Please note that you also have to configure your internet browser for this. You can find more information about how to setup and configure SSO based on Windows AD in the BO admin guide.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I looked at the document (Configuring Kerberos and single sign-on for Java InfoView) and it mentions something about Vintela SSO for Java. Our application server is Java but on Windows. Is Vintela still applicable for Windows? Is Vintela an add-on product for BOBJ?

0 Kudos

Hi

which version of BOBJ do you use?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. Should have mentioned this in an earlier post. It is XI 3.1 (12.1.0)

0 Kudos

VIntella is a part of the installation package so you do not have to install something separately. It allows you to enable SSO based on Windows AD when using a java application server (like tomcat). YOu just have to follow the instructions in the admin guide.

Regards,

Stratos