cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM/BI Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing Extended Classic scenario in our company. We are going in with Standard Content, with that

1) while activating PO DSO (0SRPO_D1), the "invoice and Confirmation" quantity and amount fields are not populated. Do anyone have any idea why?

2) while activation confirmation DSO (0SRCF_D2) how do we handle confirmation done in ECC. Material requestion gets confirmed in ECC in our instance while services and Non-M/S item gets confirmed in SRM. Do we have to create a custom extractor for ECC confirmation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For confirmations we dont have any standard datasource used so far. The confirmation table will have created on and changed on fields. Try to pull using created on and changed on for yesterday date which will give you all changes on confirmation and new confirmations done yesterday.

Create a generic datasource and use pseudo delta ie pull data using created on and changed on daily for confirmations.

Thanks,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun, thanks for your reply. But my question is we have 2 source system where we could do confirmation, "SRM and ECC". I made a wrong assumption that SRM tables get updated with ECC confirmation data but I do not see the data. So my question how or what is the recommended solution to handle this condition. Do I have to use 2 extractor to load the confirmation ODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on my question guys?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me ask you following questions, so that understand your requirement

1. How do you differntiate confirmation from SRM and ECC system, are there any numbers that you tell you which confirmation comes from SRM or which one from ECC ?

If you have different system and confirmation number ranges are diffenent, them Yes, you need to have two seperate data source one in SRM and another in ECC. both comes to an DSO, where you maintain additional FLAG to diffentiatite which comes from SRM / ECC. Again you might also have 0SOUCESYSTEM info Objects compounded with Confirmation as well.

Thanks and I know this NOT exactly you are expecting.. this is what I can think off

BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI,

Thank You. Yes we do have different numbering range to identify whether it is from SRM or ECC.

But right now, the way we designed, we only have SRM extractor which brings in only SRM confirmation. It looks the design decision we made based on the idea that when we go to SRM screens, it shows confirmed quantity and amount whether it is done in SRM or ECC, but the underlying tables does'nt get update with ECC confirmations. This is were the problem arise, now it looks like the solution is to have ECC extractor to populate confirmation done in ECC.

The reason I little bit confused is that SRM Extended Classic is intended to function this way, but the BI Standard content does not have any solution to capture this condition. So i am little worried to bring in a custom solution in to the SRM Confirmation DSO!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC you have table AFRU where you will get confirmation data for orders which will get you confirmation details.

Table will have created on changed on and posted. When partially updated or freshly confiremd you will have created on and change on getting updated as when the final confirmation we have seen posting data gets updated in the table.

May be your functional consultant will be able to get more on function side on PP confirmation details.

If you number range series then you can have source system identification in BI and have the data seperated for your analysis purpose in BI.

Hope this helps for you.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I am looking for a design solution on how to integrate SRM and ECC confirmation. Even though SAP's standard solution for SRM/BI does not reference anything relatated to ECC for confirmation DSO, is it normal to get a feed from ECC? Or am I missing anything?

thanks

Murali