cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server and HANA - Linked Server

Former Member

Hi,

SQL Server has a feature called Linked Server, allows you to connect an external DB directly as a scheme on the server, allowing DB perform like a local DB. The configuration that must be done is to create the connection string, but by putting the traditional parameters, communication does not work. It is a windows 2008 server with SQL Server 2008 and also need to do it on a windows 2005 with SQL Server 2005.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you find any solution for that? Getting different errors and no success, yet...

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to put into operation the Linked Server. We had to reinstall the latter one version of HANA Client (rev68) and we only work properly on a machine with Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2.Important after reinstalling the HANA Client, restart the windows server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

Do you have a step by step guide/steps which depicts clear connection of SAP Hana from SQL Server by using the Linked Server.

I need to access the Calculation views in HANA which is available in Content view.

Looking forward for your reply.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was doing a Transact-SQL script, but still gives me error, the sending to see if they detect an error:

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver

@server = N'HSAP'

, @srvproduct=N'HANA'

, @provider=N'SAPNewDBMDXProvider'

, @datasrc=N'10.30.20.104:30015'

, @provstr=N'DSN=SAP_HANA;Uid=user;Pwd=password;'

, @catalog=N'_SYS_BIC'

exec sp_addlinkedsrvlogin

@useself = 'False',

@rmtsrvname = 'HSAP',

@rmtuser = 'user',

@rmtpassword = 'password'

exec sp_tables_ex 'HSAP'

But, the system send me this error:

OLE DB provider "SAPNewDBMDXProvider" for linked server "HSAP" returned message "Invalid argument.".

Mens 7399, Nivel 16, Estado 1, Procedimiento sp_tables_ex, Línea 41

The OLE DB provider "SAPNewDBMDXProvider" for linked server "HSAP" reported an error. One or more arguments were reported invalid by the provider.

Mens 7311, Nivel 16, Estado 2, Procedimiento sp_tables_ex, Línea 41

Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_TABLES" for OLE DB provider "SAPNewDBMDXProvider" for linked server "HSAP". The provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This do I need to to configure,

Regards,