cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2012 Always On ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If the PB application uses a Sql Server 2012 database well configured for high availability ("Always On"), is there something to deal with in PowerBuilder or is it totally transparent on client side ?

In previous version there were a FailOverPartner database parameter to fill but it seems useless with Sql Server 12 am I right ?

Is there something about it in the Pb 12.6 documentation (we use 12.5.2) ?

Or is it just not supported in 12.5.2 ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things depend upon what your expectations are when using the failover features of SQL Server2012.  You will not be able to have the somewhat seamless failover as you did using the FailOverPartner parameter (which is unfortunate) if you utilize failover clustering.  You will need to detect the original connection fail and then reconnect the transaction object.

If you set up 2012 with a failover partner as in 2008R2 things should work the same (but we are talking about Microsoft however...)

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

What makes you think that Failover_Partner is not working? Connect Clients to a Database Mirroring Session (SQL Server) In this link you will see that the parameter is still there...

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may have trust my client too much on this.

Thanks for the info

I will check that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a cluster?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a copy of your database on an other server (mirror server)

So that if the main server fails it automatically switch on the mirror server, but i'm not an expert.