Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Error -99999 when accessing table ACCTIT

setya-ningsih
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Need your help.

When I running tcode MIGO or VL02N document was posted but pop up 'Update was terminated' has occured. Check on ST22, this is what happened :

"CLI0109E String data right truncation. | | SQLSTATE=22001 row=1 col=124"

here is part of the ST22 :

Category Installation Errors

Runtime Errors DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Except. CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Date and Time 24.05.2018 09:43:21

|Short text | | SQL error "-99999" when accessing table "ACCTIT".

|What happened? | | Error Text of the Database: "CLI0109E String data right truncation. | | SQLSTATE=22001 row=1 col=124" |

|Error analysis | | An exception occurred that is explained in detail below. | | The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB', was not caught | | in | | procedure "AC_DOCUMENT_MM_UPDATE" "(FUNCTION)", nor was it propagated by a | | RAISING clause. | | Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the | | exception would occur, the current program is terminated. | | The reason for the exception is: | | Error Text of the Database: "CLI0109E String data right truncation. | | SQLSTATE=22001 row=1 col=124"

Source Code Extract

FUNCTION ac_document_mm_update.

| 19| ENDIF. |

|>>>>>| INSERT acctit FROM TABLE t_acctit. |

| 21| IF NOT sy-subrc IS INITIAL. |

| 22| MESSAGE a401.

Have any of you ever experienced this? this error only occurs in Development area.

additional info of environtment:

ECC6

SAP APPL 605-0007 (SAPKH60507)

DB2 LUW

please enlightened me.

Thank you,

Sty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Sty,

did you check both the database object and the runtime object in SE14 ?

More information about the error is contained in the corresponding dev traces. If will show the values bound by the application for

row=1 col=124 . CLI0109E points to a problem with a VARCHAR column on database level.

If there is no obvious problem you should open an incident and provide the ABAP short dump data, the dev_w* trace containing the error and a DESCRIBE of the table ( for example using "db2look ... -e ... " ).

Regards

Frank

gschatz
0 Kudos

I had the same problem recently. It was caused by adding an append + field to structure CI_COBL.

To fix it I did the following: Deleted my changes in CI_COBL and activated - corrected the errors with SE14. SQL error still showed up. Then I added only a dummy field called ZZDUMMY TYPE DUMMY to CI_COBL and activated again. Tables were corrected during activation. After that, SQL error in ACCTIT no longer occured.

maria_shen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sty,

The error seems to indicate some field (or fields) in the insert contain data longer that the column defined in the database table ACCTIT.

Could you please check the consistency of table ACCTIT between abap, database, runtime object.(SE14)
If the inconsistency is found, you may want to reactivate this table, so that there is no inconsistency.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Maria

setya-ningsih
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply. I've checked se14, and the status for this table ACCTIT is green which is no inconsistency has found.

Thank you,
Sty

maria_shen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sty,

Sorry for this late reply. If you could not find the inconsistency, as suggested by Frank, you may need to create an incident for further help.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Maria