cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPNego Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to implement SSO with Windows Kerberos to NW04s (SP 12) Java stack. I have pointed the UME to AD and then ran the SPNEGO Wizard successfully. I have configured the fall back mechanism as basis password authentication. Now When I try to login, it is still asking for the username and password. I dont see any error messages in the log. How do I disable the fallback password authentication mechanism ? Plz suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which Java JDK are you using? 1.4.2_14, 1.4.2_15 and 1.4.2_16 have problems (see note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options)

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus. We are using JDK 1.4.2_12. I have selected to use fallback mechanism as password authentication using SPNego configuration. How can I disable fallback mechanism so that I can check for any error messages using SPnego. I have tried running the SPnego wizard again but does not give me a option to turnoff since the policy configuration is already created. How can I remove the policy configuration created for SPNego.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do that manually using Visual Administrator (Security Provider).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to remove the policy configuration file (SPNEGO which we created) but the remove option is greyed out. Plesae let me know how can I remove it so that I can start the SPNego wizard allover. Many thanks...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greyed out in Visual Administrator? You need to enable "change" mode with the button at the top.

You can't remove it using the Wizard.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am already in Change mode but the option to remove the Policy configurations for Spnego is greyed out. I only have option Add to add new configuration policy. The only reason I am doing this since I want the option of password authentication fall back mechanism to be disabled and only want SPnego authetication enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Have you done the IE settings for Single-Sign On? Because if you dont you will be asked to enter the user name and password.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I have run the Diagtool but there are no errors that I see. Plz suggest...