cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Characters in InfoPackage Data Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to include special key such as * in the data selection tab in the infoPackage? e.g. *AB

I have created a custom DataSource to extract all work order with costs data.

However we only need work order data with revision number that finishes with 'AB' for reporting. (if I do not apply this selection, extracted data will be too big).

i.e.

REVNR

00000012AB --> to be included in extraction

00000231AB --> to be included in extraction

00012322AB --> to be included in extraction

Y07WK06 --> excludes this record

00000007AB --> to be included in extraction

Can this be achieve by using '*AB' in the data selection screen?

Currently, SELOPTS of custom DataSource is been set to '0'. (where can I change this SELOPTS value to something else?)

If special key is not allowed in the data selection screen, can you suggest any alternative solution?

Kind regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the selection tab of Infopackage for revision data field give the option as 6(Abap routie) in Type column and press enter. This will take you to the editor where you can write ur Abap code.

Hope its clear.

regards,

Shylaja.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Before scheduling the package you need to give the selection parameters for the cost order. So first we need to master data for of cost order and colleting the values from cost order table according to you requirements and then passing those values to selection fields at info package.

So compulsory you need to maintain the data for order cost information before executing the info package.

So according to selection fields only r/3 will send the information to BW…

Regards,

PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should work out because your routine checks each and every record.

regards,

shylaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions.

If I use ABAP routine, is it possible to select all work order with revision number ending 'AB'?

The selected revision number will be discrete values rather than interval.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve by using '*AB' in the data selection screen by writing an ABAP routine in the infopackage selection OR I think it is possible to filter these values in the source system side and this will improve the performance of the data loading.

regs,

MBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on your version, there are some ways you can use * as described in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/80/1a6567e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

In your case writing ABAP routine for selection criteria might help.

Check Variable Changing of Selections TYPE 6 - ABAP Routines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steven,

Yes you can do this one at info package level by selecting the ABAP Coding at Type (variable change for selective values) at selection tab of info package.

Here you need write ABAP coding according to your business requirements….

or

You can drop unnecessary data at update routine.

Regards,

PRK

Message was edited by: PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I think you can achieve this in the selection routine. U can use a ABAP routine and populate the required tables with ur selection values and then u can execute this IP. It should work fine. Hope ur able to achieve what u want witht this.

Regards

Sriram