cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special characteristics are coiming when extracting the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I seriously struc up with one issue when extracting the data from R/3 to BW .The error message tells the "/" value .the load is failure at the DSO activation

Value "###/ " from characteristic 0DOC_HD_TXT contains an error at position 1 .

That load contains 26lacks records and 61 datapackets are there.

Unfortunately i couldn't able to search this value.

Can some body help me in this regards,

Points must be awarded for the replies.

Thx

Siva

Edited by: siva reddy on Jun 6, 2008 7:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use RSKC for the same and also u can use the underlying table RSALLOWEDCHAR for updating the number of invalid char..

Just check whether those specific invalid Chars are available in RSKC and its maintained with ALL_CAPITAL..

Check the below URL's for more info:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/07/23/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and-reality-part-2

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/07/08/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and-reality-part-1

/people/aaron.wang3/blog/2007/09/03/steps-of-including-one-special-characters-into-permitted-ones-in-bi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/e90da7a60f11d2a97100a0c9449261/frameset.htm

thanks

Hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You include this character in RSKC and load the data again. Also maintain ALL_CAPITAL in RSKC.

Even though you are getting this error, write a routine to clean this character. In case you want the code, let me know.,

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are loading your data through PSA, you also have the option to check for the erroneous Records, correct them manually and re-load from PSA.

The steps for the same are

- Delete the Red Request.

- From Monitor (for the above request), click on the data set and choose context menu "PSA Maintenance". There select the Dataset and from dropdown can choose to display erroneous records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope u could find the data for the object 0DOC_HD_TXT in new data table of ur DSO.

change the value / by going into the new data table in debugging mode .

Ramesh

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

The issue is clear. Now, what do you want to do with the wrong value??????

If you want to delete the invalid character, just make a routine in the transformations (or update rules) to delete the '/' value from the field.

If you want to keep it, in RSKC add ALL_CAPITAL and if it doesn't work, also add the '/' value there.

Otherwise, explain what you are trying to accomplish, otherwise it's impossible to know.

Regards,

Diego