cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source system connectivity

0 Kudos

Hi all

i need to give source system connectivity sap BI client TBD 100 to ECC client TFD 110 so can you please give me clear steps how to coonect source syetem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Step1 :- BW side :- Create RFC Connection in SM59.

RFC destination name - Name should be logical system in r/3.

Connection type:- 3

1st tab technical settings

Target host :- IP address of r/3 server.

Sytem :03

2nd tab Logon/Security

Lang-En

Client-r/3 client no

user- r/3 user

Password - r/3 password.

Step 2:- R/3 same procedure SM59

RFC destination name - Name should be logical system in bw.

Connection type:- 0

1st tab technical settings

Target host :- IP address of r/3 server.

Sytem :03

2nd tab Logon/Security

Lang-En

Client-bw client no

user- bw user

Password - bw password.

Step 3 :- spro -> select img -> biw->links to other sytems -> links between r/3 and bw

create ALE user in S.S -> select bwaleremote -> back

Step 4 :- In bw

su01

username BWREMOTE

profiles S_BI_WHM_RFC

S_BI_WX_RFC

Save.

Step 5 :- In R/3

su01

username ALEREMOTE

profiles S_BI_WHM_RFC

S_BI_WX_RFC

Save

Step 6 :- In R/3

Create RFC user

su01

user RFCUser create

usertype system

pwd 1234

profiles SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_BI_WX_RFC

Step7:-

RSA1

se16

Table RSAMIN enter default client in the field ?BWMANDT RZ10

Step8 :- In bw

su01

user RFCUser create

usertype system

pwd 1234

profiles SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_BI_WHM_RFC

Step9 :- In bw

RSA1 - Source system -> create

RFC destination

Target system host name of r/3

SID:

System no

Source system ALEREMOTE

pwd

BAckgroung user :BWREMOTE

PWD:

Regards

Prashanth K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth has given you a good detailed steps.

In addition to that you have to make few changes in SE03 in source system, extract from help.sap.com:

As a rule, system changes are not permitted in productive systems. Connecting a system as a source system to a BI system or connecting a BI system to a new source system will, however, mean changes as far as the system change option is concerned. Make the following settings in the source system to ensure that the following changes are valid in the relevant clients of the systems when connecting the source system.

u2022 Cross-client Customizing and repository changes

In the Implementation Guide under SAP NetWeaver ® SAP Business Information Warehouse ® Links to Other Systems ® General Connection Settings ® Assign Logical System to Client, select the relevant clients under Goto ® Details.

In the Cross-Client Object Changes field, choose the Changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizing Allowed option.

u2022 Changes to the software components Local Developments (LOCAL) and SAP NetWeaver BI (SAP_BW)

In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Administration ® Set System Change Option and then Execute. In the next screen mark the software components LOCAL and SAP_BW as changeable.

u2022 Changes to the customer name range.

In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Administration ® Set System Change Option and then Execute. In the next screen mark the customer namespace as changeable.

u2022 Changes in the BI namespaces with prefix /BI0/ (SAP namespace) and /BIC/ (customer namespace)

In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Administration ® Set System Change Option and then Execute. On the next screen, mark the BI namespaces with the prefixes /BI0/ and /BIC/ as changeable.

0 Kudos

thanks LL

bassam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth konduru,

How do I perform these steps if SAP SOURCE SYSTEM and SAP BW are on the same system?

I have installed IDES ECC 6.0 EHP6 on my laptop and want to create a connection between SAP and BW.

Regards,

Bassam

former_member185181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos