Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting on Breaks with Totals

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have a situation to apply sorting on totals , I am using break functionality, now if I put normal sorting then it only applies to the values not on the totals, I have removed sorting from manage breaks also tries with ranking but does not work.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Regards

Rohit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you share the screenhot.

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Situation is something like below

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

follow these steps.

Create "Sum" variable=sum([Actual]) in ([Brand])

Drag Sum variable in the table and apply break on this column.

After that apply break on Brand column.You will get the tables in descending order.

Later hide the column Sum from the table.If you can not hide the measure variable (Sum) then create another variable dimension variable on top of Sum and drag in the table which you can hide.If still not work then for this particular column you can remove the border and keep back ground color white and white font.

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for youe reply, I tried the option but it is still showing the same, it is sorting the category within the brand but not the sum value at the bottom of break, also I tried applying ranking as shown below, but no luck, can you please advise any other option.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you removed the all sorting and breaks before trying with mentioned steps?

are you getting total sum by Brand after using below formula in additional column?

=sum([Actual]) in ([Brand])

if yes then what is happening after applying break on this column?

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Yes, I removed all sorts and rankings before applying the breaks, is there a way that i can show you my screen or call you to discuss this issue?

Regards

Rohit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can share screenshots here.

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

I am also applying 'No Filter' to my sum, can this be the reason?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can remove and try.

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, i tried but not working, i started this again creating a simple table and following the steps you mentoined , but as soon as I put break on brand the sorting on totals is removed