cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting months/years in webi 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Has anybody tried sorting cal month year in WEBI 4.0 charts as well as filters. Since custom sort does not work in WEBI 4.0, please advice how to sort with steps..

@ David Gilbertson

Thanks for your blog on sorting months in WEBI and I understand it works well in 3.1 version. I tried replicating the steps to sort the months in charts...I created the variables Month Year dimension and Year Month Code dimension. When I drag the Year Month Code into a report block along with a measure, the measure displays as #UNAVAILABLE and does not seem to be working well with the newly created dimensions. The measure displays correctly if I remove the new dimensions. My source is BW query via BICS. Appreciate any inputs.

Thank you

Ann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried this, and it worked OK for me. my 0CALMONTH data displays as 01.2010, 02.2010 etc

unfortunately, no way of adding images here..

I'm using Patch2.5 ontop of SP02

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry, I need to display the text form for 0CALMONTH. The key form sorts correctly.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again, no problems. But I did change the BEx Query Properties as follows (this has an influence):

Rows -> 0CALMONTH -> Display -> display as text -> Sort 0CALMONTH characteristic -> Sort by KEY -> Ascending

How do you see it?

You could also create a local variable like this f(x)=RowIndex() and add it to your table. This will force the block to sort itself as per the webi microcube / dataprovider.

If you get #UNAVAILABLE it's because there's a cartesian product for each measure, and you need to change (select/tick) : Table Format > Properties > "Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation"

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry, yes, I have tried sorting calendar month by key in the BEX query, it worked well initially until I started adding dimensions and chaging the filter range on calendar month.

Bottom line, not a reliable option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody can give me some direction? Thanks.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

I think you've had a fair run here, i'd recommend a Support message at this stage.

This is certainly evolving into a workflow i'd like my engineers to see.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry. I will create a support case.

I am surprised why this will be an issue in 4.0...

Thanks

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have calender month (JAN, FEB, MAR..etc DEC) plotted againist PY and CY Sales.

The calender month sort keeps changing when I use linking funcationality

Please let me know if there is any fix.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi this thread is old and the problem you report here different from the original one.

Can you please create a new thread?

Thanks!