Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions regarding the release and depencies of EhP 5

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

since over 3 weeks I´m collecting information for upgrading our HR system to 7.02 and EhP5 for some application components. The notes which are released for the customers are clear, but I have opened an OSS message for some depencies and the availibility of the upgrade files. SAP support couldn´t tell me any details about it (after 3 weeks!).

So my questions are:

1) Is EhP5 still in ramp-up? In the PAM you find only the release date Q2, but not details.

2) Are any depencies to 7.00 portal components? (e.g. LSOCP)

3) Any known issues from a ramp-up customer, which we should keep a closer eye on?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

I can help only in question 1

- EHP5 is still under ramp-up. So it is not possible to download the software from SMP directly as of now. For using the EHP5 you need to enroll as a ramp-up customer, if you want. For more details realated to Ramp-up, please check the links

http://service.sap.com/rampup => Ramp-Up solutions (XLS, 71 KB)

According with this XLS file, EHP5 for SAP ERP 6.0 has the following release dates:

TARGET Release to Customer Date: Ramp-Up planned Second Half of December 2010

TARGET Ramp-Up Completion Date: Planned Q2, 2011

EhP5 for ERP 6.0 is planned to be fully released on 07.06.2011.

If you want to register as a Ramp-Up, please goto this link:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000715662&;

Best regards,

Tomas Black

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

first of all thanks for your information. Is this an official statement from SAP that EhP5 for ERP 6.0 will be released on 07.06.2011, because the development support couldn´t give me such a detailed released date

We have to create out time table/schedule for the upgrade in June, but if EhP5 will be released on 07.06 it will be a very sporty and fast upgrade which is not my target...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jens

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the release date was not correct, because EhP5 was released yesterday evening! When you have a look at the PAM you will see that it is released now for every customer. So I can plan with this new information.

But the question for the depencies are still open...

Regards,

Jens

tomas_black
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

indeed, EhP5 was released yesterday, 6 weeks ahead of what was initially forecast.

I suppose SAP will present it in SAPHIRE2011

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the OSS message was forwarded to the development support...

Now someone could give me some details:

1) It´s still in ramp-up and will be released in June 2011

2) still no details provided

3) I think with nearly 6 month of testing EhP 5 the components must have a lot of bugs. We will implement it at the end of the year... The time is too short for upgrade it now.

Regards,

Jens