cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Basic questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have SAP-R/34.6c set up and I hav a new requirement that to get the data from oracle to SAP-BW and then I have to show the data content from the SAP-BW

on top of portal by writing Iviews or BSPs.

Here my question coemes as

1.what are all the prerequisite environment need to have to accomplish this

2.and the steps to complete

Thanx in advance

Venki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

to move the data from oracle to BW, you can follow the process given in "data Transfer with DB Connect" as given in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/54f9c1562d104c9465dabd816f3f24/content.htm

for further details follow the post.

After you have data in BW cubes, then build queries, create a template for the query and use BW iview in SAP Enterprise portal to create a iview.

Systems are based on the license you have

you need SAP BW 3.0 or SAP BW 3.5

SAP NW SR1( SAP EP6 SP9)

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Praveen

PS.Dont forget to reward points for useful/solved answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen n all,

Thanks for the inputs,

I am looking forward to have little clue in to the development and of BWIvews also.

With Respect to the infrastructure set up also please let me know some details.Will the SAP NW SR1( SAP EP6 SP9) will comes up with the compatable WAS also.

Please clarify at the earliest.

It wud be great if u can locate me for some sample code.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You dont have to write any code to create BW Iviews. These Iviews comes with EP. Only you have to use them.

SAP EP6 SP9 works on SAP WEBAS 6.40. when you do the installation, you first install webas 6.4 and then install EP6 and Knowledge management. Once you have the system

1. Create a BW System in EP6 with all the connection parameters

2. Create a new par file in portal content and choose BW IVIEW and pass the system name created earlier, template id or query name and save it.

3. BW iview is created and can be hosted in portal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveen

PS.Dont forget to reward points for useful/solved answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

You can show the data from the BW to the portal by using the bw iviews. For this you have to create a system connecting to the bw server.You can connect directly from the oracle to portal also.

Regards

Geogi