cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics on Solution Manager Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed and configured Solution Manager Diagnostics on the Solution Manager 4 host. I have a problem when i try to install the SMD Agent using SAPinst on the Solution Manager host.

I downloaded the SMD Agent from: Support Packages and Patches -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0 -> Entry by Component -> Agents for Satellite Systems -> SMD AGENT 7.00 SP08

The sapinst log file is below:

ERROR 2006-09-09 21:31:14

FSL-06002 Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.

) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (284), with parameter (E:\usr\sap\SMD\exe\SAPCAR.exe ...).

WARNING 2006-09-09 21:31:14

The step CheckRelease with step key Install|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|CheckRelease was executed with status ERROR.

I am not sure why the sapinst program is trying to find sapcar.exe in E:\usr\sap\SMD\exe\SAPCAR.exe. I have a Unicode installation of Solution Manager 4, should it be looking in E:\usr\sap\SMD\DVEBMGS01\exe or E:\usr\sap\SMD\SCS00 or E:\usr\sap\SMD\SYS\EXE\UC\NTI386

I am not sure what the program is:

Is the SMD Agent already installed with SOlution Manager?

Am i installing the wrong agent?

Or there is some other problem

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

DArrell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1. As root user, stop saposcol and saphostexec
    /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol -k
    /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -stop
  2. Logon as daaadm (or the <sid>adm with which Diagnostic Agent is configured)
  3. Connect DAA to Solution Manager (the example shows connectivity to P4 port, you can also connect via Message Server using a slightly different command)
    /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<NN>/script/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<FQDN of Managing Solution Manager Host" port:"<Solution Manager P4 Port>"
  4. Cleanup secure storage of the old DAA
    /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<NN>/script/smdsetup.sh secstorej2ee user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"<password>"
  5. Start DAA (saposcol and saphostexec will be automatically started by the diagnostic agent)
  6. From Agent Administration, go to Non-Authenticated Agents tab and click on "Push Credentials

There is a mass installer / unattended mode of installation option available. Read SAP note 1833501

0 Kudos

Hi Darell,

The problem is that the SID of your engine is "SMD" and the SMD agent is installed by default on the folder \usr\sap\SMD. This case is not implemented because normally you do not monitor the host when Solution Manager Diagnostics is installed.

If you really want to automonitor your host SMD, please check that the folder E:\use\sap\SMD\exe does not exist, otherwise delete it and relaunch the SAPinst to see if you have the same error.

Regards,

Paula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Should have used SP07.

Thanks