cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0 -> S-user configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community.

I've got a little problem while configure our solution manager 4.0 system.

The satelite systems are configured and implemented and now I want to configure the Service Connections. So that I can open the Service Connections for sap support out of the solution manager.

For that work I have to configure a s-user in the transaction "dswp -> edit -> global settings -> connection to sap" to connect to the sap service market place and to update the systems data.

My problem is that i found anywhere a description what I need for a kind of user and which permissions he should have.

Further the s-users are personlized. When I create a s-user for the solution manager, it shouldn't have a relation to a real person, because it is just for the system. What can i do in that case, when I have to create the user?

I hope you can understand my problem and give me a tipp to resolve it.

kind regards

C. Erdmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Michael -

Here's what the IMG says when configuring the user:

Requirements

The S-User you want to assign to the RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 has to be assigned to your customer number. For security reasons it should have no authorizations since it could be misused for direct logon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should have to apply for ST-A/PI and ST plug-Ins in your system first. After this run the RTCCTOOL program and follow the instruction given by SAP.

After the above settings then you can able to connect SAPOSS.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Service Connections don't use destination 'SAPOSS' but 'SAP-OSS'. But when you execute the described IMG step for configuring SAP-OSS internally the settings of SAPOSS are copied to SAP-OSS just exchanging the user ID. So when SAPOSS has e.g. wrong saprouter settings SAP-OSS will have wrong settings too. So It is generally a good advice to check SAPOSS before you proceed to configure SAP-OSS.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini.

I've already configured my SAPOSS connections. That's not the problem.

My Problem was that I didn't known what permissions the S-user should have and which name it should have.

Now I'm ready.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michael,

I am not sure if I understand your question but hope followings can be helpful to you.

1) for the service connection user, I believe you have to set it up from SPRO->Basic Settings->SAP Solution Manager System->Authorizations/Users->Assign...

2) regarding the permission, you have to setup the authorization from the service market place, I suppose. If the user you are assigning can do whatever operations you want in the service market place, then you should be fine.

3) I do not quite understand what you meant by "it shouldn't have a relation to a real person." I believe you have to map the S-user and the UserID registered in you solman system and that is it.

if you have any question, feel free to reply back.

rgds,

Yoshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yoshitaka,

thank you for your quick ansswer.

To your listet points:

1) To use the service connection out of the solution manager first of all there has to set a user under the path "dswp -> edit -> global settings -> connection to sap" to download the system definitions out of the service marketplace. This user should only be used for the sap solution manager.

2) In my point 1) starts the problem that I don't know which permissions I've give to the S-user in the SAP Service Marketplace so that the solution manager can start to download the system definitions out of the service marketplace.

3) The s-user which I insert in the solution manager should be a special user with no name of a real person. When I create a new User in the service market place I'v got to write down the firstname, lastname and e.g. the position of the person which should get the new s-user. In my case the person which should get the s-user isn't a "real" person, because it is the sap solution manager. So i havnt't a real name position and so on, to create the s-user. Do you now understand what I mean? Of course, a possible solution is to invent a name for the sap solution manager, but that's not what i want. When SAP says that I should insert a s-user in the solution manager they should document what it should be for a user and which permissions he should have.

I searched in all documentations but I found any solution for my problem.

So, if you now understand my problem please answer if you have a solution for me.

Many thanks.

Michael

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the IMG activity that Yoshitaka pointed you is the one to assign each real solman user an s-user but not for assigning an s-user for the RFC-connection.

The correct IMG activity is:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide

SAP Solution Manager

Basic Settings

Satellite Systems Preparation

SAP Solution Manager System

General Settings

Online Documentation

Authorizations/Users

HTTP Services

Connection to SAP

Maintain User for Communication with SAP Service and Support Systems

Here you find the passage:

"The S-User you want to assign to the RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 has to be assigned to your customer number. For security reasons it should have no authorizations since it could be misused for direct logon."

Since the s-user doesn't need any authorizations, the name should not be so relevant. Just call it "Solman Service" or "Solman Connect"

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

let me know your mail ID. Br,

SRi

Message was edited by: Sri Raghu Kishore Pusapati