cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP Managed Systems Config Step Issue - "Check Configuration" Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help please,

Issues with SOLMAN_SETUP Managed Systems Config Step Issue - "Check Configuration" Step

Initial and Basis configuration steps completed successfully.

All other steps except Extractor setup completed successfully, however then performing Check configuration step Error message Managed Systems <SID>~ABAP is not configured.

The following errors are displayed.

Satellite System being configured is ECC ABAP Only EHP6 and Solman is 7.02 (SP43).

SLD and LMDB details are correct, been resynced and upto date.

Earlier step Extractor Setup the following error occured. Even though all entries in the extractor framework are showing as successful.

Any assistance/guidance on this issue will be very much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Tariq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this Document is helpful, when it comes to configure NetWeaver BW based Systems

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44121#comment-436043

Best Regards Roland

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the updated SAP First Guidance Document which explains the Solution and several Tipps from this thread

SAP First Guidance - SLD/LMDB settings for BW-SEM

As I also went through all this Problems in the past, the Document helpt me to get the complete procedure much more stable now.

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland and all others,

Uninstall and reinstalling the both host agent and SM Agent has resolved this issue.

Along side running the following:

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\script>smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<fqn hostname>" port:"80" user:"SLDDSUSER" pwd:"password xxx"

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\script>smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<fqn hostname>"
port:"8101" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"password xxx"

However I have lastly one issue pending.  When completing the managed system setup on the related Java Hub system, the 'Check Configuration' give the following warning.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tariq

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstall and reinstalling the both host agent and SM Agent has resolved this issue.

Along side running the following:

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\script>smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<fqn hostname>" port:"80" user:"SLDDSUSER" pwd:"password xxx"

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\script>smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<fqn hostname>"
port:"8101" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"password xxx"

However I have lastly one issue pending.  When completing the managed system setup on the related Java Hub system, the 'Check Configuration' give the following warning.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted this in a new message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks all for your helpful suggestions.

I have managed to make some progress. The number of errors are reduced after successful System Verification in LMBD, however the last step in Check Configuration the following error occure.

- Error: A timeout occured during the execution of the OS Command

Console

. Action: Check section Scalability in the Diagnostics Agent

Troubleshooting Guide

. Check Context: OS Command console | OS Command | HOST =cists

Upon checking the smdagent_trace file I can see the messages:

Returned service

object :com.sap.smd.plugin.remoteos.RemoteOSService@486fafec

Custom scripts directory not existing : /custom_scripts

Returned service

Returned service

Custom scripts directory not existing : /custom_scripts

Returned service

'SAPLOCALHOST' found, in runtime.properties the value 'cists' will be

used to determine the Agent name.

Java Macro Command aborted anormally.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

0 Kudos

Please follow all checking points in note 1890035. Kobus's recommendation to update SAP Host Agent is one of the steps there.

BR,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also restart the hostagent once

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tariq,

Please maintain the path for  system in LMDB

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Please make note of the following points & verify the LMDB config accordingly -

1. Managed System has correct settings in SLDAPICUST & RZ70

2. After completion of data collection via RZ70 in Managed System, it is getting update in SLD

3. In LMDB, step Resynchronize technical details from SLD can be successfully performed.

4. Product System is assigned to the technical system.

5. Verification Check is Green for the Product System.

These steps will rectify almost all possible errors.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq

if this has been answered please mark so that some one can find helpful.

-g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giri,

Thankyou for you help, this is very useful, there was an issue on one of the steps during the extractor setup, which is now resolved however I am still encountering the following issues. Any further ideas?

Which logs can I post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Technical system details is not assigned properly in the LMDB.

Check in SLD whether the SDS detaiks having latest update , if not synchronize in RZ70

Then go to LMDB _. technical system and go to advance -> re-synchronize the technical system in SLD and it will show the SLD details and select the appropriate SLD and re-synchronize it.

Also go to software navigation tree in LMDB and check whether product version and product instance is assigned.if not add it and save.

Rg,

Karthik

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Have entered the correct path details in step 6 ? post the screen shot of the step 6 here.

Regards,

Sriram M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq

Go to Step 7 in Managed System config. Click on "Edit" button then scroll down and find Extractor setup select it and click on execute selected button. this is automatic process in Managed system config.  see below screen shot.

once it turns green, on the right hand side find start WebDynpro under Navigation verify settings. I hope this helps. if you stll getting errors ps. post logs.

-giri

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly verify that you have maintained all the details in LMDB including fqdn and in Enter Landscape Parameters , provide the paths .

And Please check you have maintained correct software conponents in product systems .

Regards

Bala

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the technical system of the managed system is listed in the table LAPI_TECH_INST (Caching table for technical instances).

If not then execute the ABAP report RLAPI_MANUAL_NAMESPACE_RESYNCA (Report to manually resynchronize a full namespace into the LAPI Cache), then check the job SAP_LMDB_LCACHE_LDB_0000000001 created by the report finishes successfully or not.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this the entry already exists in LAPI_TECH_INST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

May be the issue with LMDB details, first go to sld and check SOS system having latest details.if not update detail through RZ70 and check the time stamp.

After goto  solman system -> se38 -> RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM -> enter SOS details and check box the last option. it will delete and recreate the SOS system in solman with updated detail in SLD.

then try again.

Rg,

Karthik

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Beside others, you should at least check "Enter Landscape Parameters" Step. Some of the errors are due to that step as far as I can see. Please review that step and check again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter Landscape parameters step has completed successfully.