cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN Documentation Executable of type URL

0 Kudos

We want to document Business Objects reports in Solution Manager, we think by type URL.

But, we can only supply a full URL. This means that we have to add all URL's for all different branches.

On Development we want to add an URL with hostname from Development Portal.

On Acceptance we want to add an URL with hostname from Acceptance Portal, etc. etc.

How can this be done? with some kind of variable or parameter.

so intead of starting the full URL with https://hostname.domain.ext/irj/portal

something like https://%hostname%.domain.ext/irj/portal

If we leave out the hostname, and only supply the link, the URL from the Solution Manager itself is taken and not the hostname that should come from the Logical Component Group.

We are struggling with this for a while now, maybe this community can help me??

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello, final result, in the world of SAP only, it works 🙂 thanks a lot.

BUT! We are using ARIS, and we sync everything from ARIS to SolMan. ARIS is not able to use an executable of type Custom URL, this is not foreseen in the current BADI usage by Software AG. That's a bit of a bummer 😞

Now I thought I had a solution by syncronizing the Executables from ARIS to Solman as "URL" and then in Solution Manager change the Executable Type (maybe in bulk) from "URL" to "Custom URL". This way, ARIS can provide us with the correct links, like "irj/portal?NavigationTarget=navurl......" and afterwards we change the type to Custom URL and everyting works again.

But in SolMan we are not able to change the Executable Type ones it is in SolDoc. Is there some kind of clever workaround for this, maybe??

0 Kudos

Axel, thanks for the link. Just to be sure, I'm talking about an internal Portal landscape. I assume the procedure is the same as for the example in you link, right??

a_schulze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.

0 Kudos

Great, a one trime stroke, I had to change some coding, but now we can use Portal URL's without the hostname, starting from /irj/portal throughout our entire landscape. Works FINE!

0 Kudos

Alex, thank for your answer, but WIKI link is not included, or I'm looking wrong ??

a_schulze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, it seems the link got lost. I update it again. Please check

a_schulze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello purple-it.rik.vriens,

I suggest to have look into this WIKI (https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Working+with+executables+for+Cloud+Applications).

Here I describe how you can work with executables for Cloud application in Solution Documentation. It should cover your requirements as well.

Please have a look and I would appreciate some feedback.

Regards

Axel

0 Kudos

No, everything we do is on-premise, so has nothing to do with Internet or whatever.

But when we add an excutable for ABAP, we just tell the system it is transaction code SU01 and depending on the branch and system role the transaction is started on the correct system, DEV, ACC or PRD. We want to do this in the same way for Enterprise Portal URL;s. but without a hostname, the hostname of the solution is taken in from of the URL. We want to get the correct hostname.domain.ext from the particual system that is taken over from branch and system role. So if we start the URL in branch MAINTENANCE and system role Development, the url should start from development.domain.ext and when selecting the system role Acceptance, the url should start from acceptance.domain.ext. How can we get this "variable" hostname in the URL??

Thomas_Winkler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - I only see your "variables" in the SOLADM transaction - here you can maintain all systemsettings for your SOLDOC.

This is the foundation for your branch-layout - with the maintained logical component groups, all is then complety automatic in the desired view.

BR Thomas

Thomas_Winkler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vriens,

my first advice would be to maintain in SOLADM for your BO Systems the right URL. This must be checked then, when I'll change the branch, that you can reach the right internet service.

Cheers Thomas

VigneshPrabhu99
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello purple-it.rik.vriens

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Requirement: You wanted to give BO report URL instead of uploading the report.

1. If so, make sure your Solution Manager is exposed to Internet, so that any URL when clicked from SolMan will get redirected to actual URL.

2. Right click on the Solution Documentation item -> New -> Documentation -> Choose Document URL option. Specify the URL (in any URL format as you mentioned), then save it.

3. Now if you click on the URL, it will open but make sure point 1 is setup correctly.

Kindly mark the answer as helpful / correct if it helps in resolving your issue.

Thanks,

Vignesh