cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 4.0: error occured in persistence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just finished the upgrade of solution manager 4.0 from solution manager 3.2 with WAS Java add-in 6.40. This system was a fresh clean install of solution manager 3.2. Thus, no customising or developments yet exist on this system.

We are getting error message "error occured in the persistence' when trying to create & save a user on the UME of SLD. The persistence type we use is database persistence. Does anyone know what is happening ? How to trace this error ? Where is the location of the log file that may give me a clue ?

Many thanks,

Mina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mina,

Check the class on the UME datasource, to avoid this kind of errors.

E.g. you should use className="com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence", so please check the xml file.

More details about xml file structure is present on:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/e8fc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Kind Regards,

Luis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mina,

I guess you're part of RampUp phase, in this case the best way should be to open a customer message into OSS.

Note that with UME and ABAP as datasource the client is very important, so please check the ABAP client (UME datasource) and the indicated on SLD, this should be sufficient to solve this.

For inconsistences you allways can use the tool mentioned on SAP Note 818947, but as this SolMan release is quite new and not officially released the answer must be provided directly by the developers, so don't hesitate to open a message in http://service.sap.com/message

Cheers,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Could you please kindly provide me the steps to check the ABAP client (UME datasource) and the indicated on SLD please.

Many thanks,

Mina