cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Error while re-installing (Step-4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Funny things happenning,

Again got a problem while installing Sneak Preview, this time in Step-4 at Database instance creation. Here is the error log. Could someone help me in resolving the problem?

ERROR 2005-12-25 12:58:29

The dbmcli call for action PARAM_INIT_INST failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.

The dbmcli call for action PARAM_INIT_INST failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.

FCO-00011 The step sdb_init_instance_type with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|SdbPreInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|SdbInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|SDB_INSTANCE_CREATE|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|sdb_init_instance_type was executed with status ERROR .

Your help would be highly aprreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. Uninstall was failing for the same reason (db password). I had manually deleted c:\usr, c:\sapdb, manually deleted OS users, and the registry entries for NSP and sapdb.

The step that solved it for me was running CLEANUP utility (note 572836) which was mentioned previously in this forum (just search on CLEANUP)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you disable any services early so that you could delete the specific folders. If so, after you deleted the folders, did you set the service back to what it was before? If not, please try this, and re-start the installation.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stopped the service XServer to delete sapdb folder except this service I didn't touch any other services after that I didn't set the XServer service back to its original Starup type (after stopping the Startup type is set to Automatic). I forgot its original Startup type. What should be the Startup type?

Next time when I run the installation shall I select "Continue Old installation" or leave it to "Run a new installation"?

Looking forward for your response,

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

Message was edited by: Jagadish P

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Automatic should be ok, now I'm a little concerned as I'm not sure what's going on here. Make sure that now of the NSP services are set as diabled. Delete the sapinstr folder from program files directory and try the installation again.

I have done this 3 or so times in the past 3 months, I have not had all these problems.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you were uninstalling, did it mention that is was removing the user ids that it created before? I think that they should have been removed before starting the new installation, you can check this by right-clicking on My Computer and choosing Mange. There should be a "Users" folder in there somewhere. If there are any user profiles associated with the SAP installation, delete them.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I stopped the fllowing NSP services (SAPDB: .M760018, SAPDB: .M760018 (omststknl.exe), SAPDB: .M760018 (quick), SAPDB: .M760018 (slow), SAPDB: NSP, SAPDB: NSP (omststknl.exe), SAPDB: NSP (quick), SAPDB: NSP (slow), SAPNSP_00, SAPOsCol), all these services are from D:\usr … directory, left the XServer (Automatic). I also removed the nspadm and SAPServiceNSP users from all the locations before re-installing, also removed C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir folder, removed registries (Registry Editor -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> SAP) like NSP, SAP DBtech, also from Registry Editor -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> SAP) like SAP DBtech. Also the folders like sapdb, usr etc from the D:\, but no luck. <b>Should there be any other registries or anything else to be removed before re-installing?</b>

Also here are some more details from XCMDOUT file.

-

> Subprocess starts at 20051225145350

Execute Command : d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -s dbm_version

Execute Session Command : exit

> Subprocess stops at 20051225145350

OK

VERSION = 7.6.00

BUILD = DBMServer 7.6.00 Build 018-123-113-357

OS = WIN32

INSTROOT = d:\sapdb\nsp\db

LOGON = True

CODE = ASCII

SWAP = full

UNICODE = (unknown)

INSTANCE = (unknown)

SYSNAME = Windows XP

-

> Subprocess starts at 20051225145350

Execute Command : d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n jagadish db_enum

> Subprocess stops at 20051225145350

OK

NSP d:\sapdb\nsp\db 7.6.00.18 slow offline

NSP d:\sapdb\nsp\db 7.6.00.18 fast offline

<b>----

> Subprocess starts at 20051225145351

Execute Command : d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n jagadish -d NSP -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : param_startsession

> Subprocess stops at 20051225145351

Error! Connection failed to node jagadish for database NSP: ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed</b>

Also Could someone share uninstall guide, if they have.

Looking forward for your response to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP DB database and software was not uninstalled correctly. Pertinent entries still exist in the environment or registry. The corresponding services may still be registered.

You would like to delete these entries or registrations.

A tool was provided to delete entries no longer required in the environment or registry as well as services that are no longer required. If there is still some SAP DB software on the host, the tool terminates itself without deleting anything.

This tool is attached to this note.

Start the cleanup.exe program and follow the program instructions.

CLEANUP.SAR.

use SAPCAR.

put it in a batch file "sapcar -xvf cleanup.sar" and run it.

Courtsey: SAP Note - 572836

The above said procedure is supposed to CLEAN up the only SAPDB totally.

Regards,

Arun

PS: Do reward the useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I run cleanup.exe, I am getting <b>SAP DB software still exists in directory". Nothing has been deleted</b> message. What does this mean? How to proceed further?

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Just checking...... Have you installed the MS loopback adapter? If so, is it currently showing a status as "Connected".

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check whether MS loopback adapter is installed or not? Also if it is installed, How to check the status?

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, if you don't remember installing it , it probably is not installed. There is documentation about how to install it. Check out the following document from the installation folder of your Sneak Preview.

SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewABAP<b>\DOC\html\loopback.htm</b>

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jagadish

> <b>SAP DB> software still exists in directory". Nothing has been> deleted</b> message.

To you physically remove the instances of SAPDB.

• remove the services, registry contents related to SAPDB and restart the system.

• then remove the directory of SAPDB physically.

• this ensures all known instances of DB is removed.

• then probably you may run Cleanup file to make sure its totally cleaned up.

hope this helps.

Regards

ak.

PS: Do reward useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I initially faced issues when reinstalling WebAS on MaxDB here is the sequence that i follow while uninstalling

0. Stop the WebAS Server.

1. Drop the Instance (dbmcli -d <instance> -u control,control db_drop)

2. Stop Services (SAP*, XServer)

3. Uninstall WebAS (Complete)

4. Delete Folders sapdb and sapjms

5. Search registry and delete entries that have SAPDB and MaxDB.

6. Restart the machine.

7. Reinstall.

Step one will see to that the last instance is dropped and the new instance is created in the new installation.

Please uninstall in the above fashion and reinstall.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divakar,

When I run <b>d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n jagadish -d NSP -u CONTROL,******** db_drop</b>, I am getting the following message <b>Error! Connection failed to node jagadish for database NSP: ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed</b>. I am giving proper password but still its the same. Is there any other way to drop this instance? Also How to stop this WebAS Server?

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check using user 'SYSDBA' or 'SAPNSPDB' and password as your Administrator Password.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had installed MS Loopback Adapter and It is enabled.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ok, now you have the loopback installed, lets start all over again. Delete all of the folders, USR, sapDB, sapinstr, etc. Delete the registry entries. Delete the users if you need to. Before installing, make sure that you are logged onto the local machine and not the domain of your company. I'm assuming that you have admin rights to the local machine.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted all the required folders, registries, users before installing. I logged on to local machine, I do have administration rights. Started installing, as usual it stopped at Phase 11 of Step 4.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadish.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I guess that you don't have a "clean" image of your machine, huh? Something got messed up somewhere. It really isn't this hard. I've done it 3-4 times in the past 2 months.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you solve the problem? I've got the same error message in phase 11 of Step 4:

The dbmcli call for action PARAM_INIT_INST failed.

logfile XCMDOUT.LOG:

Error! Connection failed to node YBDV093131 for database NSP: ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed

Looking forward for any help.

Andrea