cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshops with Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I would ask me if is it possible to keep the snapshops in SAP Hana? Or If i need to built this in the source assuming that I dont have BW as source.

Thanks in advance,

BR,

JEysi Ascanio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you need to generate "Inventory snapshots" type business scenario ?

Please elaborate more.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for you response. Yes, just i have a scenario with inventory values and forecast values. So i need to keep these values in each specif days to do comparisons  to planning work.

Best Regards,

JEysi Ascanio

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd suggest to implement this in BW on HANA architecture. But if you are going for "Standalone HANA" then you can simulate the non-cumulative KF architecture. I am sure it will not be as easy as on BW.

To my knowledge, to get the Inventory stock value on a particular day, you might need to sum up all the movements till that day. OR you can build regular snapshots summing up the movements from the previous snapshot and the movements (like last month snapshot + movements for the month for the next month snapshot). This process will have to be done programmatically if you need to report on the Inventory stock value over a period of time in the report.

Coming to planning scenarios, I am not aware of any other method apart from using BW Integrated planning as I think you need to write the planned data to the system and compare it with Actuals.

To sum it up, both of your scenarios are perfect fit for BW on HANA and I'd recommend you the same.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

With both answer I have a better idea of the design to make. 

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Jeysi Ascanio

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can you expand on your business scenario on why you need to keep snapshot within SAP HANA. Note: All data loaded in HANA is persistently stored and written to permanent storage periodically.

Please provide additional details on what you are trying to design.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks for you response. I just want to keep inventory and planning values for comparisons. I need to keep whole picture of data in a day.

Best Regards,

JEysi

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeysi:

You could model this within HANA but this will require special handing of current day value.

Are you wanting inventory or actuals - compared with planning values? In both the cases it is possible within HANA but the actuals scenarios is much more easier. The reason I ask is in a typical business case they do not compare inventory with planning values. They only compare actuals with planning data.

Here's how you would model the data. You will model a separate analytical view one each for actual / inventory data and planning data respectively. They use a Calculation view with union and constant for non-common values. More like a multi-provider. The assumption that I am making here is that you are having both inventory / actual and planning data in the same granularity (daily / monthly). Then in the calculation view - you will have to enforce a mandatory filter to always filter data with date / month value depending on your data granularity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rama