cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTable Excel Download Date format issue

bhavya_sri3
Participant

I'm using sap.ui.comp.smarttable.SmartTable for displaying data in table. I was able to display Dates in Date format by using CustomData.

But when I'm downloading data in Excel, it is showing data in json date format

/Date(1451606400000)/

I was able to show date format by using the onBeforeExport event, by passing type as Edm.Date type. This way, I was able to display json date as Date in MM/dd/yyyy format. But my requirement is to show date as dd/MM/yyyy. I understand that I need to use inputFormat property, but I could not figureout how to pass the property as my required data. Can anyone please suggest on the format I need to use..

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavya,

Is the column property type that is coming from backend is of type date or string?

BR

Mahesh

View Entire Topic
maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

Hi Bhavya,

In the custom data that you are using, try passing the type as well:

...."leadingProperty":"", "type":"date" }'/>

in the custom data along with the other properties you are passing,

BR,
Mahesh

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I tried using the date type in custom data.. but it has no affect on the excel.. still getting the date in MM/dd/yyyy format.

Thanks,

Bhavya

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavya, What is the type of that property you are receiving from the backend, it is string or date?

BR,Mahesh

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see the example here as well, which showcases two scenarios

1. If the date is coming as a string

2. If the date is coming as a date type

https://ui5.sap.com/#/sample/sap.ui.export.sample.formatting/code/Spreadsheet.controller.js

I am still wondering why you are using the custom column? to do any formatting?(I dont see any formating there).

BR,
Mahesh

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Sorry for the delayed response..

I'm receiving date in the 'date' type from backend. It is coming in json format something like /Date(1490918400000)/

I have tried changing the settings similar to that of in the example but it is still not showing in correct format..

aCols.push({

label: 'DateString',

type: 'date',

property: 'SampleDateString',

inputFormat: 'yyyymmdd',

width: 25 });

Thanks,

Bhavyasri M