cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Set Next Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to Smartform. I have created the first page (including the main window) and generated the function module. When I test this first page using F8 in SE37 all the data is nicely displayed.

Now I have a second page. This second page also has the main window which have some text element on it. I link the first page to the second page using the "NEXT Page" selection in the "General Attributes" tab. I have saved and activated the form. Now this is where the problem comes. When I test the Smartform using the Function Module SE37, I pressed the F8 (Execute) button and it gives me a screen dump occurs saying RAISE_EXCEPTION.

Does anyone knows any steps that I am missing.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Command lines then you are forcing the system for page 2. The reason for not showing the main window on page 2, might be your data is not overflowing( means you have more number of records which can not be printed on Page1) from First page.

Check the data which is printing on first page because till your data is not overflowing on first page, it wont show anything on main window on page 2.

If data is overflowing on Page1 then it will automatically trigger Page2 and there is no need to add Command Lines for the same.

Command Lines can be used in that case where you need to print some Special instructions according to your client requirement for example Print Terms and Conditons only on last page. Then you use Command Lines.

Hope, it clear your doubts.

Please let me know if you have any more queries

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Thanks for the answer, and I have got a clue base on you response. Actually my two main windows is supposed to have totally different data. If this is the case that the Main Window in page 2 only gets triggered if the Main Window in page 1 gets overflow. Then I will have to think of an alternative way to solve this. Please clear me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks for you informative reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link, might clear a few doubts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b1/243fdabeee11d4b633006094192fe3/content.htm

Check the topic " Main Window on Several Draft Pages "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You want to print totally different data in the two page.

In case if the data on the first page is more than one page i.e overflowing then it will directly trigger the second page.

So please change the page == Next page settings...

page == next page

First == first

second == Second.

so when the data on first page overflow it will trigger a new page with the same layout (page first).

Then put a command statement , in which you call the second page and put the condition "After main window".

So this will trigger the second page.

Now if the data in second page overflow then system will trigger a new page of the same layout (page Second).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sachinkumar Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check for the text elements node wherein yu have to check the check box 'No Error incase the text doesnot exist'.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

I have added the Command at the end of the first page after the main window. Now the second page can be displayed. But now the problem is I cannot see the main window in the second page.

Sorry to ask so much questions but I haven't got a clue why the main window in the second page is not displaying while all other windows can be display in the second page.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the main window widths of first page and second page which should be the same.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The function module does not give me a screen dump now. But for the Print Form I can only see the first page, I cannot see the second page. Even if I press on "Goto -> Page" there is only page one

On the Header it is showing "Print Preview of LOCL Page 00001 of 00001"

Can you please suggest the solution for this?

Thanks Again.