cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small user mapping problem!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi "helpers",

I've made a user mapping to be able to display a BW report in an iview of the portal but it still asks me a login and password to display it.

I think I've configured everything correctly. This is what I've done:

- I've created a system because the one that was needed was for client 800 and I needed client 100. So I've made a copy of the "client 800" system and changed it as 100.

- Then I've created the alias for my new system.

- After I've mapped my portal user with the login and passeword I use to display the report.

This is right/enough?

I'm wondering if it doesn't take a little bit of time to the portal to take care of those changements???

Thanks for your advices.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

The following needs to be checked.

1. Whether the EP and BW are in the same domain

2. When logging into the portal, login with the Fully qualified domain name.

3. In the system object WAS property should follow the Fully qualified domain name.

4. In the system object user admin property, whether you have selected the correct logon method.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun, it has helped me a little bit. I'm getting closer of the problem.

Actualy I want to make the mapping of another portal user.

For the mapping, I use my own BW login and password.

What's strange is when I map my own portal user with my own BW user and I do a connection test, it works.

But if I map that other portal user with my own BW user, the connection fails!!!

I thought that the user mapping was able to link any portal user with any backend system user???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

You can map any portal user with the BW user provided you are using the UIDPW method and you specify the user name and password during the user mapping.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Thanks for your help. I've solved my problem.

I don't know why, I was using a URL iview and not a BW Report iview to display my report. It looks that's why the mapping didn't work.

The portal administrator has helped me. He has created the same user in BW and the login and password of the portal user written in the URL are passed to BW to display the report.

Answers (0)