Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 - change hostname

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

if i create two clones from DEV & QAS servers , every one has separated IP diffident than original one

how can i make connection between them to test some issue ??

note no relation between two servers ( SAP router not found )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

if the case is 2 new system in 2 new server host and 2 new IP address with the same old host name.

Assuming all connection used is based on host name then you only need to change old host name direction to new IP address by modifying host file at cloned OS level.

Also remember to block other non used connections in both new cloned systems so they will be isolated from the others to prevent unintended access.

Regards,

Henry

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

You can make connection between them using RFC connection, Please create RFC connection using SM59, and in ABAP connection make entry for the target system and provide hostname and other information for the connection.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF the cloned DEV and QAS server is for test purpose then change the IP address of both(also the host files of both). Now put them on different network as their host names are same. Now change the RFC connections settings with new IP Addresses and enjoy.

Thanks

asad

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After completion of clones the system Dev & Qty, you can change the IP address any range but not on physical host name.

For this you can create the private network, you can ask your network admin to create private network which is not having any connection of live network.(On exiting network they can create new Private VLAN), in my environment for OS /DB migration we are tested like this.

BR

SS

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moahmmed,

I hope the hostnames are also different for the clones.

If the hostnames are also different then you may use hostname in the RFC destination created using SM59.

Alternatively you may use IP address in the RFC destination for the cloned systems.

Ensure that clones with similar hostname are not published on DNS to avoid conflicts with hostname.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori